Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Make your own FPS Creator Signs ! (Tutorial)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome to my second tutorial. By the time your done reading this, your gonna be able to take any pic off your PC or internet and turn it into a sign. Whether ya wanna be perverted or serious, this works. Now in this tutorial unlike the last one I did, I'm not gonna say "start" blah blah. Because If you don't know how to open up fps creator, you shouldn't be trying any tutorial's.

-What you need for this tutorial
1) FPS CREATOR
2) Some kind of PaintShop Program ex: PaintShop Pro, Adobe.
3) A .DDS converter. Which can be found for free by going to this link here. http://server12.download.filefront.com/pgrinvdjzq+/gamingfiles/Elite_Force_2/Utilities/Graphics_Tools/dds_converter_v21.exe
4) Please make sure you install it.
5) Most of all keep an open mind. There may be 100 way's of doing this. Maybe there is a two step process to doing it. But I'm gonna show ya the way I did it. For those who don't even know where to start. Thank's all for visiting this thread !

---------------MAKE FPS CREATOR SIGNS TUTORIAL--

step 1) First we go to www.google.com. Type in the search "eagle globe anchor" but without the parenthesis. A page pop's up saying "US MARINE CORP EMBLEM". Go to that page. You see the Marine Corp Symbol? Were gonna copy that. If you can do a screen capture. Other wise, I will include the download of the Eagle Globe and Anchor in this thread. Ok make sure your saving everything on desktop , which makes it easier to mess with everything, and find things we need.

step 2) Now, just like making your own entities, we have to use some of the files that are already installed with FPSC. So what were gonna do is go to "start", "my computer" "c:" , "program files", "The Game Creators", "FPS CREATOR", "Files" , "entity bank", "ww2", "wall furniture". See all that crazy stuff? Were gonna steal three items from here. And I'm gonna tell ya which ones.

step 3) Ok look for the file's that say , "sign_f" there should be three of them! What were gonna do is COPY COPY COPY!!! Not CUT!! Cutting files can result in missing files. So we will play it safe. Copy all three files that say "sign_f", to the desktop. Which if your not sure is the place your computer comes to when you first turn it on. (duh) Ok , now we have to find out where all the "sign_f" files are pointing too. But I know where, so I'll tell you. If you would like to know exactly where, all you have to do it open the .fpe files. It says exactly.

step 4) So I opened up the "sign_f" .fpe, and it told me where its model was located. So I go to "start", "My Computer", "C:", "Program Files", "The Game Creators", "FPS Creator" , "Files" , "meshbank", "WW2", "scenery", "signs". Now in this folder create a new folder called "eg_a". Of course without the parenthesis. Do this by right clicking in the "signs" folder, select "new" then "folder". Name it "eg_a". Now open your new "eg_a" folder. Yeah its empty. What goes here is the .x file. Go to your desktop, find our "sign_f" .x file. COPY it, and put it in our new "eg_a" folder. Right click this file, and select "rename" name it to "eg_a". Were done with this folder.

step 5) Now we need to go to the "texture bank". And put some things in there. So once again we go "start" , "my computer" , "C:", "Program files", "The Game Creators" , "FPS Creator" , "files", "texture bank", "WW2", "scenery" , "signs". Now in here were gonna create another folder, and call it, you guessed it, "eg_a". If your unsure how to do this. Please see above. Whats gonna go in here? Your .dds file! So what we need to do is open up your prorgram I told you to get which converts .jpg's or .bmp's to .dds. Called "DDS Converter 2". Open it up, then browse to your eagle globe and anchor file on the desktop. This program works quick, and closes automatically. Your new file "eg_a" is now on the desktop. Now go back to the folder you created in the "texture bank" portion titles eg_a, open it up, and then place your new .dds file in there. Thats it now close that folder.

step 6) Now what we need to do is take all three files we still have on our desktop and put them so that FPS Creator will read them. Then a little .fpe tweaking and were all set. Easy enough right? Now go to "start", "my computer", "C:", "Program Files" , "The Game Creators", "FPS Creator", "files", "entity bank", "WW2", "wall furniture". Now in here is where we seen all those crazy files at. If you remember its also where we stole our files for making our new sign. Were gonna go to our desktop now, and tweak a few things here. Mmm k ? If you did not save our original picture "the eagle globe and anchor , then re download it using this forum "download" link". If you still have that file we need to change it to a ".bmp" So get out your favorite Paint Program and do so. Save this to the desktop, and make sure its name is "eg_a".

step 7) Now remember the ".fpe" file we took from the "sign_f" that should be on your desktop. What were gonna do is rename it now to "eg_a". We will mess with this later. Now the ".bin" file you took from the "sign_f" were not gonna touch. All were gonna do to it is rename it to "eg_a". Now we have our three files, that needs to go into the folder you should still have open. Which is mentioned in step 6. Now copy all three of them files, that have "eg_a", this time we will CUT them because there our files, and we dont need them all over the place. Now paste the three files in the "wall furniture" folder you should still have open.

step 8) Final Step: With our "wall furniture" folder open, click on the "eg_a.fpe" file. We need to tell this file where our images, and .x file are located. IF you followed these steps all you have to do it type this where I tell you to. And everything will be peachy. Looking at our "eg_a.fpe" we see something that says "desc =" , erase the "sign_f", and put eg_a, so it will look like this. "desc = eg_a". Now go down to where it says

;orientation

model = meshbank\ww2\scenery\signs\eg_a\eg_a.x

This points to our .x file that we put in earlier. Remember? Good.

Now scroll down to where it says

;visualinfo

textured = texturebank\ww2\scenery\signs\eg_a\eg_a.dds

This points to the actual image file for our new Marine Corp Symbol. Now make sure you SAVE the "eg_a.fpe", before closing it. Or you'll be repeating this step over again. Now your safe to close all folders this tutorial had you open. Let's start FPS CREATOR, and find our symbol! Put a prefab room, any will do in the fps creator. Then go to "entities", "ww2" , "wall furniture", and boooyah, there is our "eg_a". Eagle Globe & Anchor, United States Marine Corp emblem. Hope you all enjoy this tutorial.

If you make sign's with this, please dont hesitate to post em up here. I'd be curious to see what ya'll come up with. Any question's, comment's, help, feel free to e mail me at mike_and_angela@sbcglobal.net.

GOD BLESS
SEMPER FIDELIS

Attachments

Login to view attachments
devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the real quick demonstration of the sign in the game itself. Believe me it looks a lot better then the .jpg is showing.
Thanks
God Bless
Semper Fidelis

Attachments

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
very well done i love ur tuts
devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
Reading the new "The Game Creators" New's letter. I found out something very cool. Well to me anyways! This tutorial is featured in it! WooT ! Which made me excited, cause I'm glad someone thought it worthy to be there! Well thanks TGC, and www.thegamecreators.com! Greatly appreciated.

Semper Fidelis.
God Bless.
Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2005 11:28
Very usefull tutorial.
Congrats
CBStudios
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2005 21:49
heres a sign i made. its a little stretched till I learn how to do it properly. If anyone wants they will be able to find it on my site

Attachments

Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
I really need to know how to adjust the width and height, i'm sure it's a change i have to make in the .x file but i don't understand it at all.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:27:02
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:27:02