Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / DODGE! - A Strange Twist On FPSs [DBP]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2005 05:45
DODGE! [DBP]
[Second Entry into the 20 Liner Competition]
By RUCCUS

Me getting owned by my friend

Few, never thought I could compress almost 40 lines of code into 20, but nonetheless I did it. Here's the game breakdown:

Game Info

DODGE! is a twist on the classic run around and shoot people with your gun genre. In this game, you WANT to be shot.

You are constantly shooting out a laser infront of you, when someone collides with your laser, their score goes up, and vise versa for you. Its multiplayer (2 people max) on one comp, so you can compete (Best 2 out of 3 anyone?)

This version is the compressed no-media version for the 20 Liner, but Im probably going to work on this in my spare time (when Im not working on my hundred other projects) to make it a little cooler, adding media, super moves etc. Maybe even online play.

DODGE! Controls:

Player 1:

Up Arrow Key | Forward
Back Arrow Key | Backward
Right Arrow Key | Turn Right
Left Arrow Key | Turn Left

Player 2:

Keypress "W" | Forward
Keypress "S" | Backward
Keypress "D" | Turn Right
Keypress "A" | Turn Left

I might make some more versions for the 20 liner but I dont know how much more I can fit in there with all the IF statements. I know its pretty sloppy (I didnt plan on using it for a 20 liner in the beginning) but it'll do for a non-commercial game.

DODGE! Code:

And for all of you that dont like the idea, here's the usual "If you hit em you get points" version (Not an entry for the 20 liner)

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2005 15:00
hmmm
i could attempt to make it only via multisync or another winsock plugin but dont expect that its going to fit in 20 lines

if u would like this then just ask and i will attempt work on it
it might be "client-server-client" though what i mean by that is it go through a server to communicate so people dont have to worry about port config although i might not get my hopes up for this either

n00bs will be shot on spot...
i need some more ammo there are just too many of them better call in the moderators to help
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 01:08
No need to if Im gona make it online ill do it myself, its open source so you can if you want but Ill be making my own as I learn through the online commands.

Current Projects: SHADE - Game Maker | Mecho - TGC Puzzle Entry | Halo Physics Engine | COLD - Polygonal Collision Detection
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 15:14
oh
well i wouldnt use dbp built-in ones they arent all that great just get a plugin like multisync or somehting that uses winsock since they will be way easier to use and better performance

n00bs will be shot on spot...
i need some more ammo there are just too many of them better call in the moderators to help
dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 15:57
make it "dodge" left instead of turning? I might be able to do that .

<<<<<Used to be "djblackdragon" with being registered in January, 2003, no matter what it says on the left<<<<<

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:34:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:34:42