Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Whys DBPro £49 at Amazon and £72 on here?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Should'nt the officall DarkBasic Site be able to offer it cheaper then other sites who must have to buy the software of them in the first place?

Crazy.
Bunni
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 01:16
Amazon buy in bulk I guess. They prolly sell more copies that way. also they'd not have to worry about admin, packaging, cc processing, postal insurance and many other overheads.

Yes, a GIRL who can really program! Not bad looking too hehee
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 01:46
Sorry to always type in the same key, but watch out with orders from amazon.com. I've ordered 2 books months ago via money order. Now, after around 6 months and a instense struggle with Sweds and US Post Offices, they found my money. Sweden Post Office and American Post office agred that my letter has arrived in US... however, amazon.com denies it.
The total order is about 30US, which is not much actually, but is giving me a really pain in the head with this fight with Post Offices and Amazon.com.
However, I've heard good about Amazon.UK... Think twice b4 ordering things from the net... Besides DBS, I won't order a thing else, or I get in the stores, or in some Kazaa... noone mess around with my wallet,lol

"A true warrior fights with skill, not anger..."

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 03:39
Megaman - strange, I've ordered plenty of things via the Internet without problems, most sites don't like taking money orders though (pain in the ass) so I bet that might be a different story.

As for why Amazon sell it cheaper than us - it's because we don't actually publish it. Our UK publisher is Fast Trak - we buy units from them and then sell them via our site. This is standard practise. They also have deals with Amazon, PC World, etc. DB is one of a handful of producs we sell whereas it's one of a few million that Amazon deal with, so they can afford to take the hit on it. At the end of the day though it's your choice - buy it from us, Amazon, CompUSA, where-ever - so long as you don't rip it from Kazaa you're welcome here

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 04:34
Yeah That's sad to hear... Well, anyway, for u guys see that I'm not a lamer, here is one more e-mail I've got from Amazon.com. I prefered to use money instead, cuz I don't have a credit card anymore... I used too much and have bills till when I become 40 years old now, so... just with money or bank transfers hehehe... Well, I've lost the money indeed and my order has been deleted now cuz they did not get the payment after 60 days. They ask for questions like "exactly amount in Dollars" and things like that As if I could remember that...ghehe... Take a look:

Dear Alex,

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

We have cancelled your order (#############) because we had
not received payment for this order after 60 days.

You are welcome to return to our web site and place a new order for
the same items. Please use an alternate method of payment, or be
sure to send us a check or money order within 60 days of placing the
order. If you do send a check, please write your e-mail address on
the check to ensure that it is credited to your account.

According to our records, we have not yet received your check order.

If you believe your payment should have reached us by now, please
provide us with the following information:

1. E-mail address that appears on check/money order
2. Account name on check/money order (business or personal)
3. Exact dollar amount of check/money order
4. Exact date check/money order was sent
5. Date check/money order was cashed (if applicable)
6. Check/money order number

These details will help us match your payment with your order. We
appreciate your help.

Please note that, for security reasons, we can only modify orders or
send account information when the request comes from the e-mail
address that is associated with your Amazon.com account. We feel
that this is the best way to ensure that any changes are authorized
by the account holder and that your personal information is not
compromised.

For your reference, here is our Customer Service phone number, it is
open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

U.S. and Canada: 1-800-201-7575
International: 1-206-266-2992

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Priyanka Tanwar
Amazon.com... And You're Done
http://www.amazon.com

They are lamers Well, I've sent this letter to US as a Recomended letter... In Sweden, if a letter do not arrive to it's destiny, and it was a recomended letter, u get money back for around 50 dollars. That would be great, so I could win more then I've lost. But, Sweden Post Office got a letter from US Post Office and they did, got the letter in US See how complicated this can turns out... Internet Order = Lamers. Bank transfer rocks... u transfer the money to a account, if the money dissapears, u go to a lawyer and shut the company down, but money order and via letter, no good idea... unfortunatly

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2003 00:40
One of the many reasons not to order from overseas...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2003 01:11
(^_^) there's 3 version of DBpro on Kazaa ...
Trial 1.00
Trial 1.02
Trial 1.03

all are available when i'm online and there have been alot of downloads so far ... but then again i never named them trial
and am keeping tabs on the names that download them hehee

i order'd from Amazon.co.uk when i was in the states my copy of Pro, it actually arrived within 4days ... i ordered it again within the UK and we're upto 2 and half weeks i think madness!

the annoying thing about amazon order is that the deals you make with them are are not grealy more than cost

i think Fast Trak probably make around £10/copy which might seem oki but to a publisher this isn't a grand ammount and the bets for this is that Amazon get you a bigger market. But with problems like this on more than a few orders, gotta feel for Fast Trak - they're not exactly the biggest of Software publishers ... loyal but not big

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2003 01:30
I got my DB1 from Amazon UK. The sad thing is the shape of the box. But the content is what matters anyway and that was as it should =)

[b]Digital Awakening
Game in developement: 3D RPG - The Magic Land
Visit DigAw.com for more info and shots
Bunni
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2003 02:15
I like FastTrak, they seem to want to support bedroom developers

Yes, a GIRL who can really program! Not bad looking too hehee
DaZCWA
Years of Service
User Offline
Think about this tho the extra money you pay for your dbpro from DBS will go into the products future so hey im happy payin my £75 for it knowing that my extra money is (well should be ) going to good use.

DaZ

"There is only 2 ways off this island: The first is in little pieces and the seconds with me" - (Hunter/DaZ)
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2003 07:30
I payed $90 US Money Order to Fast Track and got my copy of DBPro in 3 weeks. I live in the US so I think that's pretty good.

Megaman, you said you sent a money order. Was it an international one? In any case you should still have the receipt, send them a pic of it.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2003 19:01
Megaman - if you're in Sweden, then it could have been wiser to order from Amazon.co.uk!

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url]
You are the th person to view this signature.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 02:53
I like FastTrak, they seem to want to support bedroom developers

^_^ I won't let my 16ness get away with me there...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 16:42
David89

yeah... I should have ordered from amazon.co.uk... but when I did this mistake, I didn't know that there was a amazon.co.uk

Arrow

I've done that But it takes just too long time, it can take months to make this research. The problem is, the letter went away from Sweden fine, arrived on US offices fine and then... for some reason, did not ( supossidly ) arrived to Amazon.com. The Post Office here has all my papers and copies of them about this ordering. We just need a prove... Someone HAS to have signed that letter, or the mail man should not deliver it... but who?

Gif edited by Kangaroo2
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 19:30
This all sounds odd to me... why not just pay by credit card? I mean if you don't have one you can always nab your parents one for like a few hundred dollars, the shouldn't mind if like pay them for it.

i mean i oftenly use my moms when i order from the Amazon.co.uk cause she has the information pre-setup for the UK
really hate working with postal order and cheques because unless your there people tend to kick up a fuss and you never quite know whats gonna happen to them in the post, like sending money direct.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 07:54
amazon.com doesn't have dbp only db and amazon.uk wont sell it to the U.S., I tried this, and then I ordered it for RGT and it took about 3 weeks to get. Pain in the big ol' butt.

As far as a copy on kazaa, I haven't seen one yet, I was so mad at how long my order took, If I could of DL'd one I would have and cancled my order.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 15:54
I have both DarkBasic Latest Demo's on my KaZaA
and they're been downloaded ALOT since i put them up ... as for Amazon.co.uk not retailing to the US - well thats kinda rubbish as i bought my copy of pro from the UK one, and so has a few people i know - because .co.uk retails the UK versions of the products.

Tag
Years of Service
User Offline
Would u still get the same stuff if u buy from amazon?

like the CD, 135 page manual, and the 50 pag tutorial book?

Tag
Years of Service
User Offline
Rich..

Do u ship DBpro to south east asia? how long would it take and any additionals ?

Tag
Years of Service
User Offline
Somehow on your Order page it says $84.99 and below it it says buy dbpro $99.99 ? which of it is correct?

CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 07:03
84.99 for the upgrade from db.
99.99 no upgrade

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:08:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:08:29