Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Looking For A Good Tutorial On Scripting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 11:12
Does anyone know where I can find a good full tutorial on the Scripting language and 'commands' etc.

If they do I'd be very grateful.

Or if someone wants to write one

CJ

Use http://www.whits-end.co.uk For Both Sites
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 11:37
There are a lot of scripting therads here at the forum and more will follow I am sure. Do a search, read the FAQ and manual.

Writing a tutorial to cover all the aspects of the full command set of FPSC is a big job. Personally I would not see myself as either capable or knowledgeable enough to do so - nor do I have the inclination or I would never have time to do any constructive game making.

Perhaps someone will eventually.

The basic command set is reasonable easy to understand - though the implimentation in script form is rather more complicated and trial and error is a great way to learn - if you try to do something that is not available by default and then ask for help it is more likely that others may have some valuable suggestions or help to give you.

There are some forum members here who kindly give up their time and offer assistance and may help you out with specific scripts if you ask nicely.

Siege1975
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2005 15:41
Thanks for all the answer's guys.

Merranvo : Okay then, a simple one to start with then

I'm trying to get a light switch to turn a light off and on. How would I go about doing that?

The language is really odd, but I'm a programmer of some experience. I'm blaming the long night on my total lack of understanding .

BTW, I'm still reading the manual, it's the syntax that doesn't make sense to me, and this variable thing. That limitation would it stop me from creating simple puzzle scripts or scripts to makesure switches are flipped in a certain order etc? I'm not looking for the scripts themselves here, except my original q. Just answers

Use http://www.whits-end.co.uk For Both Sites

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 12:48:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 12:48:08