Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Redwall Model Requests (Please Help)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 02:40 Edited at: 31st Jul 2005 02:42
Hey, I'm planing a Redwall game around when FPSC V2 comes out (I'll develop a team then) but I need some models.

1) Battlements segment (dosn't need to be textured)
2) A Series Of Gates (Marshanks main gate, Redwall, Floret. etc)
3) Barrels (the wine cellers)
4) Kitchen Supplies (Abbey Kitchens)
5) Herbs (Abbey Infermary)
6) Character Models
7) Anything Redwall Related!
8) Wooden Prision Doors And Prision Window Bars (Kotir)
9) Medel Trap Door Like Bars On Top Of Prision Pit (Marshank)
10) Martins Sword (needs I AM THAT IS carved in it)
11) anybody good at making cursors for the game could try and make Martins sword the cursor, and when it goes of somthing clickable the words "I AM THAT IS" could apear on the sword blade, and when it thinks, it twirls around.

thanks for you support!

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:27
Google "free 3d redwall models", that should come up with somthin.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:46
Like I said earlier, I will help since I am a redwall fan. By the way, why Marshank's gate? I think it would be best to make a game that follows with all of the books, but in our own order. Like Martin the warrior, then Mossflower, then Redwall, then mattimeo, etc.

I walked backwards from redwall to Salamandastron. Unfortunately, my head was nearly lopped off as I was walking backwards through an open battlefield with creatures swinging thier swords around.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:48
Unfortunately, on redwall's official site, Brian Jacques informed us that he won't want a video game of it. I'll check for myself, but I have very very high doubts that something will come up.

I walked backwards from redwall to Salamandastron. Unfortunately, my head was nearly lopped off as I was walking backwards through an open battlefield with creatures swinging thier swords around.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 07:21 Edited at: 29th Jul 2005 07:23
yeah, not many people have attempted to make a 3D Redwall Game, and I beleive Brian Jacques meant that he wouldn't fund any games, or that he didn't plan to have any created.

Chris,
there hasn't been any Redwall models made since the author dosn't perticularly want a computer game (he's the old fashioned type of guy, he also still uses a typewriter )

also, I bit extra things in which I forgot to list on the main list of needed things:

1) Wicket Gate For Redwall
2) Solid Stairs For Redwalls (and other forts) walls.
I don't want the ones that FPSC already has, so to further help people know what I mean, I included a cheesy pick.

NOTE: the stairs do not need to be texured, I already have the texture I wish to use, so I'll apply it myself, however, I would like it if all the models received were ready to use after download.
Thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 07:45
there are included stairs with FPSC...

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 07:53 Edited at: 29th Jul 2005 18:54
i know, but I don't want those stairs, I want solid stairs so it looks like the whole thing is made of brick, ummm, ok, build one of the stairs. Now go look at it, I don't want you to be able to see under it,

in other words:
--
---
----
-----
------
-------
--------
and not:
s--
ss--
sss--
ssss--
sssss--
ssssss--

Note: The "S" stand for "Space" lol, actually, I couldn't get the "stairs" to line up right.

Razorwind
Years of Service
User Offline
I must admit that a redwall game would be interesting to see, I hope you can pull this off, good luck Sunflash

---

Reza Kaze

Razorwind
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 12:50
Hmm, with much determination and the help of good poeple, I'm sure this can be pulled off. Sunflash, you were talking about making a team to make the redwall game. Can I be in the group? Just asking. Another thing, who will program? I am pretty good at programming, but within three months from now I should be really good at it.

warning: This game will not be an easy task!

I'll help as much as possible. Just tell me what I need to do.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 18:50 Edited at: 29th Jul 2005 20:36
well really, intil version 2 comes out, we won't be able to do some of the cool stuff I had hoped for (Melee Fighting .etc) but I think intil then we should get as many models as we can.

some other things we should think about:

1) Tapestry
2) Windows
3) stained glass window
4) cuboards (kitchens/infermary)
5) Ally code
6) The circle cut out of the wall over the abbey gate (with all 12 moon circles)

and as for the team, I would love to have anyone help! If they want a full time part in our team, (not just model a couple models) then they will have had to read the book in which we are currently making.

But for the most part, if you want to join Levits, don't let me force you to do a job you don't want, choose for youself!

1) Modeler (proffesional would be best, we need Redwall characters)
2) Terrain Maker (terrain, a needed thing for Redwall!)
3) Programmer (scripts in FPI, duh )
4) Texture Maker (also makes them compatible with FPSC)
5) Map Maker
6) Model Converter (makes models FPSC compatible. It would be nice to have alot of Model Converters!)

7) Animator (somones gotta animate all our characters and doors)
8) Odd Jobs (does anything they can that needs doing)

NOTE: You can do any amouunt of these tasks, theres no limit!

Quote: "I must admit that a redwall game would be interesting to see, I hope you can pull this off, good luck Sunflash"

Thanks Razorwind! But this can't happen without some help from other Rewdall fans, however, the team thing may come some time later, right now I just want to be prepaired for when we start

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 20:38
I'll tell you what: If I ever get the full verson of Geoscape3D, I'll do your terrain for ya. vBut in return, I want you to stop your redwall flame wars, ok?

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 22:17
Anything to stop what you may call Bickering.

Ohh well, I can help with voice acting the characters and some of the textures like the tapestry. Since I watched the Redwall television show, I know what they sound like.

For cutscenes I can buy the videos of redwall and put parts of it in for the levels.

To Sunflash:
when you said we are making the book, does that mean you are making your own story line for the game, or are you going to go by one of the redwall books?

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 00:48
Yes, I want it to do it book by book, and I also want to make a MMORPG, but that would come in the later years if at all.

And I would also gladly stop "Flame Wars" to get a new member
however, intil at least version 2 comes out, all I want ot do is make models and prepare for when FPSC gets alot better (faster gameplay, larger maps, multiple model formats, easier ways to import models, more models, more segments, more entities, and hopefully some mideveil items!)

P.S. I just noticed that we can now upload files up to 10 MB's!

Thanks for all your help and support, maybe we can just make this possible!

Sk8rpunk
Years of Service
User Offline
You should make it a 3rd person game instead of first because all good 1st person games are shooters and they dont have guns in redwall
and most games with swords are 3rd person
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 09:21
There is a FREE DBPro version of geo out... but not as powerful...

Melee Fighting...
for the two thousandth seven hundreth ninty sixth time... MELEE FIGHTING IS ALREADY POSSIBLE... vent... vent... vent... vent...

okay, you just need to make a weapon and use the grenade scripts to run it. There is a range value in gernade scripts, you'll want that to be 100 at max.

Te te ta ta ta...

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 10:14
Wheres this DBPro verson??!! And all it needs to be able to do is export to .x and any texture format, and I'm set! also, does it have "Geoscape3D" plastered right down the middle?

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 17:43 Edited at: 30th Jul 2005 17:52
Quote: "Melee Fighting...
for the two thousandth seven hundreth ninty sixth time... MELEE FIGHTING IS ALREADY POSSIBLE... vent... vent... vent... vent...
"

Thank you for informing me Merrenvo, I didn't know, and don't start telly me to search the forums, I'm not going to search everytime I post a message. Please, vent ALL your anger before you post so you don't as Levits said "hurt your reputation" it will you know. I don't mean to be hurtfull or rude, but one of these days your grumpiness towards newbies WILL indeed hurt your reputation, and not many people will care either.

But thank you for the information about the grenade script, it will help us greatly

OK, to anyone who wants to start converting models
go too www.baument.com they have some splendid models for free use, all we need to do is put them on our credits page, and email them before we sell the game, both of which I can handle.

A if you really want to get into this, go to www.turbosquid.com and search for models that might be good for the game.
What I'll do is collect alot of the models to make a Redwall pack, and once we have enough I'll distribute it to anyone that wants to join our project, but this will take lots of teamwork to make possible! We also could use sound effects like arrows whistling through the air.

And anyone good at modeling could work on Martins sword, or some of the items I requested!

Thanks a ton!

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 19:40
Hey Merranvo, would you be able to give us some instructions on how to make, say, a sword?

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 20:56
Same as mele, but instead of hands, use the sword model I am about to convert.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 21:25
ok thanks Chris!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 21:45
Oh, errmm, Sunflash, theres nothing in those zips but dds textures. No model files.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 22:42
ohh.... then I can make signs for all of them... happy day, happy day.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:13
you sure you want to waste your time?
Drats!!!!!!!! I downloaded one of them once and it had a .3DS file in it . Well, we can just settle with Turbo Squid I guess

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:27
Also for a staff you could use a gun script and set the range to a low one. Also, spears, javelins, and bows and arrows can be made using the gun script. There's a few weapons created quickly.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:29
To Sunflash...

I believe that Matthias is even better than Martin at fighting. I mean, he has his name carved into it before he was even born! Ohh well, this post was useless for our cause, I just wanted to ask you if this was correct.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:30
Guns don't currently have ranges... if you want to start in EA, that is the way to go... besides, you would want to use the bazooka for arrows and javelins. Just replace the missle with the arrow.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:41
Cool, five minutes or so after I posted the one above yours, Merranvo, you answered back, on at the same time! Damn that's unbelievable wince I am in America. By the way, it's 2:00 right now where I'm at, what time is it over there? You are right, of course. I was wondering about how to animate these things. I think it would be cool to have an animation going on when you aren't moving the character. Something like you swing your sword around in a fancy way.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:42
Duh! It must be around 4:00!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 23:52
I'm so sorry!! I thought it said .DDS, not 3DS. Your right, it does say 3ds. Stupid me. Okay, theyl be to you on Monday.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 00:16
And so the Honerable Duke Nukem Fell... He could not distinguish wiether the "How to defuse a bomb" guide said cut the red wire or cut the dead wire. so he shot the thing. fired every round out of his RPG. and fell.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 02:18 Edited at: 31st Jul 2005 02:41
Quote: "I'm so sorry!! I thought it said .DDS, not 3DS. Your right, it does say 3ds. Stupid me. Okay, theyl be to you on Monday.
"

Thank heavens! My life is saved, I didn't think a single model was good! Oh, and I heard about your multiplayer game on monday, sounds good, I'll try and be there!

Sorry for not addressing this befor:

Quote: "Ohh well, I can help with voice acting the characters and some of the textures like the tapestry. Since I watched the Redwall television show, I know what they sound like.

For cutscenes I can buy the videos of redwall and put parts of it in for the levels. "

I own the movies (Redwall) actually and would be happy to use it for cutscenes, but I don't exactly know how, any help would be apreciated, it would be spectacular if we could get some Redwall group like Terrouge to make the cutscenes out of flash! That would be awesome!

And if we get alot done before we actually start making the game (i.e. modeling, segment making .etc) then I'm sure MUCK, Terrouge, Sword Of Redwall, The Golden Leaf Inn, .etc would be happy to donate money and help to our cause.

And the idea for voices is good, my friends all agree that I should play Methuselah (I don't think it would fit... I'm sure ) and I know somone who would make a perfect voice for a rat! I could probably get him to help me make a rat sound pack, he coul do some perfect voices for coward rats!

Mercy!
Run for your lives!
Kill Kill Kill!
Cluny!
Ouch!
Your gonna get it now!
.etc

oh, I know! we could hold a voice contest all across the Redwall community, we could choose like 25 of the best voice packs then use them for the game, and the winners would get on the credits list!

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 03:23 Edited at: 31st Jul 2005 05:15
Download this file of a rat voice. My voice seems a bit wierd, but so are the rats and them. I think I would be best suited for voicing the enemy. Also, do you plan to make it where you can play as either Cluny's side of redwall's side? You know, like a you-decide-the-fate type of game?

I wonder what would happen if we were to create our own redwall story for a game that has to do with Humans attacking redwall. never tried it, but just wondering what you all think.

By the way, to download the file, go to the bottom right corner of my post to download. (not saying that poeple are stupid, I just want to make sure that Sunflash knows and other poeple know as well.)

Redwall!!!

Treetops and Timber!

Attachments

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 04:00 Edited at: 31st Jul 2005 04:15
Noooooo!!! *comes out of the ashes with many scares on face, humming "We are the Champions"* "Hale to the king, baby!!"

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 04:06
WTF? Sorry but I don't know what you mean.

Treetops and Timber!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 04:36
me either, but that sound file was sooooo funny, a bit to much hum in the background, but I'm sure theres equitment to fix that!

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 05:14
I know. I listened to it again and noticed that not only did it sound funny, but it also had the humming in the background. Liquid can fix that, but I don't have it yet. By the way, the group sounds will sound good, I just need some of my friends to help. Maybe I should be a comedian. I don't know, I seem to be good at it. Anyway, the point is that the voices will be difficult. By the way, you wanna know why it sounded funny? It was because the microphone I have for my computer is quite crummy. I'm getting a new one to improve the sound.lol! I love making fun of myself.

Another thing, how will we get the Asmodeous scene in? I still don't know how we are going to create and animate it. I could probably create some of the enemies for the game, but they won't be incredibly detailed.

For some odd reason, I feel like we won't be ready for the redwall game even though we try our hardest. We'll need at least fifty models to match certain characters. We can then make only two models for random rats and mice fighting each other. Which springs up another idea of when V2 comes out, whether or not you can have entities fighting each other. Hopefully there will be that choice when it comes out.

To conclude my post, I'll have to say that I can also put in Computer Animation for incredibly good special effects if need-be.

Redwall!

Treetops and Timber!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 06:16
lol, I don't even have a microphone! I used to but it broke (it was really crummy too)

for the animation I'm hoping www.Terrouge.com and http://redwall.muck.limitless.org .etc to help us out a bit, I'm sure they will if they know what we're planning.

and I think we should start with making two games:
1) your an abbey defender on the wall tops shooting bows and arrows at clunys horde.
2) your one of clunys horde sling slings at the Redwallers!

this would allow us to test the capabilities of FPSC V1/V2.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 07:30
http://files2.thegamecreators.com/showcase/db/MagicWorld.zip

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 07:33
Hey, I hope you don't mind, Lavitz, but I improved that sound a little. Here it is.

Attachments

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 07:40
Don't mean to be rude or anything Duke, but your version is worse... it now has a lot more static.

Merranvo runs like hell as duke pulls out his chain gun.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 18:41 Edited at: 31st Jul 2005 19:27
in some ways it's better, the voice sounds a bit more like a rat whose about to have some fun and the statics there, but it seems to be broken up a bit more. If only the rat could be licking his blade as he says it!

oh, um, Merrenvo whats that link supposed to have in it? I downloaded it but it only let you install it, then all I could do was uninstall it...

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 20:55
Too much static. For some reason it does sound better.

Treetops and Timber!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 21:06
C:\Program Files\all seeing i\Magic World\
run the other exe.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 21:11
Neat

Treetops and Timber!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 03:07
ok, I had to install it 3 times before I saw anything more then the "uninstall" button. Thats a pretty sweet program! Thanks!

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 05:18
Cool, but will magic World help us create really good levels for our FPSC games in V1?

Treetops and Timber!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 07:17 Edited at: 1st Aug 2005 07:17
I don't know, I have to read a manuel for it, very cunfusing, I'd probably rather use Geoscape to because they'l probably make it compatable with FPSC.

Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 19:29
Yeah, I think Geoscape is a bit better.

Treetops and Timber!
Unknown 005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 23:45
hey sunflash, i'll gladly join! i'd probably be best at coding. oh, and about melee weapons (i havent looked very hard so excuse me if it's obvious) how do you make them unlimited ammo and without reload?
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 04:49
I'm not quite sure, it's definently something to do with FPI script tho.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 03:33:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 03:33:05