Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Simple - Rather Stupid AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 00:30
I made this in DBpro, but it doesnt work in DBpro yet... point object needs to work. I havent tested this in DBv1 (im too lazy to re-install it) so can anyone tell me if this does not work

If it works i will upload a more readable commented version.

Basically when you are within range of the enemy the screen should be red.
When you are out of range the screen will return blue and the enemy should follow you.
When you are behind a wall (collision detected so it should be quite slow in DBv1)the enemy will stop (i hope).

If it doesnt work I will re install V1 and see why it isnt working because I will want to use a modified version for my game.
Ronaldaveo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 00:47

for some reason a line was left out ? here it is again
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
yes it works in DB 1, I ran it through and was fine.

it's a good piece of basic AI, not sure if I got the wrong end of the stick here, but should the enemy follow you behind the wall?, at present if you go behind the wall the enemy stops.. I thought that is what it should do as you are out of it's visible range, but after reading above I am unsure.. still nice work in 20 lines..

1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Ronaldaveo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 19:07
yep you got it im glad it works, i was gonner make some adjustments but they are minor (making the enemy move slower etc) so i wont bother. Is it worth posting the readable commented version? Anyway thanks for your reply
Hilmi2k
Years of Service
User Offline
Its a great bit of code, I love it.

If you dont mind, i will use it in a little experimental game I am making just for studdying.

I;ll try to figure it out on my own, but if you can post comments, it would be great.

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 16:45
yeah, that's the bases of my A.I. the only difference is that when the screen's red, the enemy will be following you, when you hide behind a wall, he'll stop chasing and go into investigating mode.

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:54:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:54:43