Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 00:48
I looked a little around in the forums(untill my patience got to zero points) and didn't find a clear answer to this question:

When A make a model with 3dsMax and export it as "monster.x" file, what do I do next to use it in FPSC as monster to kill?
I put the "monster.x" file into the "entities" folder into "user" with all the textures in .bmp format I got (when exporting it to .X file from 3dsMax), but I can't see it in the list of entities... so I can't add it into the game!

Thanks!

Note that I have the trial version... could it be that?

-"My horse for a Kingdom!"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 06:18
ok, copy the entity that your entity most resembles into the entitybank/user folder...replace the model, textures and open up the fpe file and change the corresponding animation values and file names

i think there was a tutorial about this in showcase...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 11:42 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2005 11:43
ok, copy the fpe that your entity most resembles into the entitybank folder (wherever you placed your model)...Put the model in the meshbank, texture in the texturebank and open up the fpe file and change the corresponding animation values and file names
you need your monster to be boned!

Use this tutorial like i did(very well),
BIG computer geek

I may Be small, but im bloomin good on a computer!
Rik Vargard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2005 15:21
Yar... <rum ...thanks for answering

Mmm.. well that's where I get k.o.
I don't understand a thing lol... grrr well... I looked for the tutorial in the showcase and media forums but didn't find it..
BTW I don't even know how you make a model boned or what it means
Sooo... I think that for the time being, I'll just start trying to change textures of existing models and perhaps later import a stupid simple crate or something (hoping there be a tutorial somewhere untill then)....

-"My horse for a Kingdom!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:04:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:04:53