Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Friendly Entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there like a way to script friendly entities, like the marines in Halo (2)?

Watch out, this bunny bites...
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 08:39
you can make ones that dont shoot at you...but you cant make ones that shoot at other entities...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 02:17
Totally... but tell me when you get them to kill enemys and not yourself...

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 17:30
This is something that falls into a much wider issue of the kind of games that can be made with FPSC.

Unfortunately as suggested by the chosen name for the product the game design pipeline has a very narrow field of view.

Despite this perhaps post V1 we can persuade TGC to widen the horizon.

Hope that not all too cryptic.

Merranvo......I'll let you know

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 17:32
This question is asked many times now. Go search the forum and you will find many other threads about this question

Visit PanzerGames here
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 19:27
The - question is asked here and the answer here is No - unless someone can find a method and script the function.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 02:56
I have medics... the problem is enemy tracking, and the fact that enemy bullets don't hurt enemys (and rockets probally will kill you)

Nutbolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2005 23:38
im sure i saw a script sumwere to have allies, but it might have just been sayin u cant

Just beacuse i'm blonde, don't meen i'm stupid!
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 02:39
Quote: "I have medics... the problem is enemy tracking, and the fact that enemy bullets don't hurt enemys (and rockets probally will kill you)"

that is already good!

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 05:54
fpscuniverse.tk
All Useful Scripts (AUS)
Allied

I can pull together the old Marien AI but it isn't good to have in a real game, so I'll get a rocket launching turret AI that fires rockets in random directions... I've used similar type code in one of my half games, had a floating guy throw gernades all over the place, turned it into a very nice warzone!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 16:12
While I have the opportunity and am able and feel it to be one of the most important features needed in a future version of FPSC from the point of varied gameplay.

I have asked TGC to consider implimenting the whole issue of Group/Team communications.

Cant say how they will look on the request but at least it is now brought to their attention in the long list of tasks they have in the pipeline. Hopefully they will get around to looking at it and making a positive decision.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 02:41
uman, for the first time, when I looked at your avatar, I saw a face, with eyes, nose, mouth, LIPS... is THAT you?

I really hope that they come up with some sensable measures to make Allied AI possible.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 01:37
No its not me - I dont look that good.

Group communications would seem to require a small number of pre requisites to make it possible, but in reality it may be more difficult to achieve than I imagine.

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 02:36
I recommend adding a value to characters called "Group Number" and also to the player start marker. You can assign a group number to you and characters. If they are the same, your buddies, if not they are enemies. You could create armies. You could also create scripts that would change the group number on the fly to make enemies or friends. I've seen this method in another engine and it worked great.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds a good idea Lon, but will it become a feature?
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 15:12 Edited at: 13th Sep 2005 15:13
You could make a friendly who doesn't shoot anyone, is invinsible to enemy fire and follows you, right? Just use follow.fpi on an unarmed enemy?

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 17:29
Doom3 has a kinda "Side" type thing. If characters are given a value like 1 or so, they are on the player's side. Otherwise, they must kill you.

World War III: Battle At The Front
Website Coming Soon!
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
But the problem seems to be that entities in FPSC won't shoot other entities even with friendly fire... if this was resolved then a much wider range of games could be made.
Mad Scientist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 20:50
Quote: " But the problem seems to be that entities in FPSC won't shoot other entities even with friendly fire."

This is true.

Quote: "if this was resolved then a much wider range of games could be made."

This is also true. =P

Relax or I'll hit you with the whip again.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 21:30 Edited at: 13th Sep 2005 21:31
Until TGC make it possible for characters (engine) to recongnise that they belong to a specific group then its going to be very difficult to achieve proper group communications across the board.

Such a group recognition or team mebership is the basis for all else that could then be done for creating friendly groups, enemy groups, teams and so on.

With such a feature all kinds of possibilities are opened up for characters attacking or helping all kinds of other characters or even applying to machines which could call upon the same feature set. e.g. turrets.

One entity whatever it might be could be friendly or not to any other entity.

Additionally other commands to include recognition of another group members entities health amount would extend greatly the gameplay scenario so that both enemies and friendly characters could move to aid another group member or in the case of an enemy v player group could be used to also stay away if an entity was strong (attack when weak) what possibilities!

As with many other features such a group communications one can be a considerable undertaking covering a small or large range of functions dependant upon how advanced the feature is to be.

Certainly a basic group recognition that would allow one group to target another at least would provide a necessary basis for futher development.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:45:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:45:56