Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Serious 3d modeler

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I have been saving my money and I have a student discount from school to get a 3d modeler (I have never modeled before) And I am going to get a nice modeler I plan on either getting 3DS max 7 or Maya I will Download both of the trials before deciding but I just wanted your opion on which is a better modeler as far as ease of learning, Features, and just basically what you think.

THx

glyvin101
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2005 10:01
3ds max 7. It seems better, but some poeple are used to Maya more than 3ds max

For the best flash anime, go to Lifepoint1.com
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 01:03
I am also looking into creating 3d models for myself, and would also like to have honest opinions on which programs are albe to let me get into moddeling without ever doing any previous moddeling before hand. Also, what do you guys think of 3d Canvas Pro from TGC's here?

JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 01:06
Fragmotion is pretty good and not expensive $20.
http://www.fragmosoft.com/
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 05:28
how cna i trust a program with an odd/low quality web site like that? do you use that software? i bet there arent any specific tutorials on how to use that software....

JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 08:54 Edited at: 31st Aug 2005 08:58
[quote]how cna i trust a program with an odd/low quality web site like that? do you use that software? i bet there arent any specific tutorials on how to use that software....

I mainly use gameSpace 1.6 and use Fragmotion now and then(Fragmotion can import FPSC models with animation).Anyway whats the web site got to do with anything?
You could just D/L and try it.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2005 02:51
im saving for maya only because its file format is native to my video editing software, yes my video editing software is a 3d format due to the way it uses the GPU to perform the effects faster then rendered via the cpu.

this means all of mayas 3d dimensions are carried into the editing software which allows me to place film on 3d elements and keep the existing Z dimension features.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself 

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:01:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:01:52