Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / stealth scripting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2005 11:16
does anyone have any idea of how to script the enemy like in theif where if you in a shadow they cant see you,i asked on another thread but they just seemed to ignore me.
im new to this but dont want to make a standard run around and blast everything, i think stealth is one of the best ways to go, but im not sure how to do it.
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
This should be in the script section of the forums. To answer your question, i dont think this would be possible in FPSC.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 05:06
Well I think it courld work! Ask Merranvo.

Dont trust anyone...
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2005 11:30
whos merranvo
im new as i said, ive been using db and dbpro but like the name i chose reflects on how good at it i am.
but i know they made fpsc to be a runaround shooter but if we have control of everything by way of scripting then should be possible to hide in shadowed areas, unless the other way is to make the shodowed area a trigger point which basically blocks the guard from seeing you unless he is within a certain distance, then a script for a quick 2 second taken by suprise kinda thing.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 05:54
An interesting suggestion - you wont be able to actually use light in the true sense as a controlling factor for enemy response to the player but you could probably achieve something of what you want via using player proximity as you have suggested and a number of other things to try and obtain a workaround for a reasonable solution.

You may have to use paths to restrict enemy movement and control player positioning via obstacles or such like in some situatuons so that an enemy only activates (via proximity) when the player is in areas of light. A little trickery is needed.

I am sure you could use a small test level set up for the purpose to test out what can be achieved to get a good idea for yourself in practical terms any probs and also the result you might get. Well worth trying out using soeme of the things suggested I would think.

I cant think off hand of any particularly suited script commands that may be of help so you will have to check them in the manual carefully.

Good luck with this.

BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2005 21:31
you make a trigger zone (or shrink the x. to a crawl one), if the player enters, the emenies dont attack!

I may Be small, but im bloomin good on a computer!

'The Ghastly panic', coming soon http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60244&b=25
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2005 00:42
(in a big loud voice) I am Merranvo...

Comp Geek is right, you should use trigger zones, but for stealth, you want more then just zones... like if the lights are off.

And you don't want it so enemies don't attack you, but that enemys don't see you unless you are too close, or attack.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
tpfkat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2005 14:43
so the actual light in the scene is just cosmetic,the area to stand in is a trigger zone......right gotcha
Origin
Years of Service
User Offline
If you somehow could get the distance form the lights you can calculate the lights distance form you and if the lights are furhter than the light distance is then you should script so that the enemy dosen't see you when that happends.

THIS IS VERY HARD/IMPOSSIBLE TO SCRIPT!

John (Just brainstorming ideas! )

"if you=n00b then askForHelp()=ok
else askForHelp()!=ok"
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2005 01:54
With math, point placing, and a few others that is easy, but we don't have that

Instead we have switchs, if the switch is off, then the lights are off, so all in a triggerzone are invisible...

Personally I feel that people should put their best foot forward before receiveing help, just helping you in a way you know not.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2005 15:47
Interesting - it seems to me that the hard part without true support for this is that as I said previously - one could achieve a workaround but it would require very careful level design.

If anyones not done it in the meantime - I might get around to trying this out in a couple of years when I can sought the many other things I need to try and achieve with workarounds...just so many needed

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:32:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:32:13