Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / how to rotate an object texture

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I texture my object, the texture needs to be rotated by 90 degrees.

It's not solved when I rotate the image in photoshop.

Anyone who knows how to solve this?
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 00:01
Use

Where ObjectNo= The object you want to scroll the texture for, u= u value to scroll, v= value to scroll.
Experiment by changing the values.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 06:04
Kentaree, it's very obvious you didnt understand the question. SCROLL OBJECT TEXTURE has nothing to do with how the texture is rotated, but where it is placed on the object.

Honestly freak, I dont think you can rotate a texture in Dark Basic classic OR pro (someone prove me wrong?), so right now your only option is to manually texture it in a 3d package, so that you are ensured the texture is facing the right way.
freak
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah that's no real solution for me, my pc is to slow for 3dsmax, maya or lightwave... I'll have an upgrade within a week so then I might learn 3dsmax.

But it's rather strange that when I rotate the texture file in photoshop, it doesn't rotate in darkbasic.

And normally, in such a 3d program, the texture file stays as it is, so do you mean that information about rotation, scaling etc of textures is saved in a 3ds file?

MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe you could somehow rotate the UV coordinates in a UV editor, so the image would be rotated in relation to that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 19:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 19:20:06