Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Write your own Editor Source plugins in VB6 now !!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2002 14:34
If you are interested in creating Source plugins (right click in the source window) for DarkBasic Professional in Visual Basic 6 then this is the right thing for you. In this
ZIP file there's an ActiveX DLL that provides an easy interface to the editor and all its
functions. Also included are 3 sample plugins with source code. If you are an intermediate VB6 programmer then it'll be easy for you to create all the plugins you needed. Let me know if you find this package usefull and if I should support further versions if the editor expands it's commands.

The package contains:
+ The ActiveX DLL
+ Manual
+ A test plugin (just to show infos) (read info)
+ How to create a custom Color Picker (write info)
+ A picture viewer. Just right click a BMP,JPG,GIF picture in the editor source and
run the plugin to see the picture (like in DarkEdit )

The demo plugins are complete with sourcecode
Get the package from:
http://www.colorarts.de/dbprotools/cadbprowrapperdll.zip(it's 62KB big)
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 22:25
oooooooooh! Sounds like FUN!!! I'm going to d-load right away!

Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 15:39
How are newly written modules installed to be used within the editor?

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Pro
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 14:54
Hmmm... will have to look at this.... although should really install DBP after owning it for nearly a month or so... sigh, bloody work... although totally to do with VB6 ironically enough, so could be of good use.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2002 17:48
Ok, have written an auto indention routine in VB6. Bungs all the code into a text box (for debugging) currently, but when try to apply it just crashes (ie. saving the data back to DBP). As it happens this also happens when I try to use the color picker 2 exe. Basically can choose a colour then it crashes when try to ok.

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 02:03
Aha, just wrote a statistics program before I went to bed, the usual word count, line count, char count etc etc. Plus bunged it on a 2000 transparent form. Looks cute.

I like this DLL. Tis most nice. Also got me to install DBP at last. Not that I've used DBP mind.... took 2 secs to confirm that my old project hasn't a hope in hell of running (goes wrong on an endif 5 lines in!!!! Thats 5 lines in out of..... 2068 lines, 6318 words, and 65362 characters (73388 inc. spaces)). Ahem. Fun.

If anyone is interested I'll email them the exe, or bung it on my screwed up website or something (as in falling apart rather than weird and strange...)

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 02:06
Ps. Hubdule, you are a git... I just realised these are first messages I've posted on the DBP forum that weren't from my bed. Now I must return before daylight approaches...
and maybe change my sig to 90%.....

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 10:34
Dazzag, if there's an error just make a screenshot of the box that appear (if dateils are possible then also with them) and send it to: hubdule@colorarts.de
Maybe I can help you and also iron out bugs (if there are any )

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2002 17:26
It seems that there's a problem with Windows 2000/XP. I tested the DLL a few min ago and as Dazzag sayed it crashed? The DLL was developed on Win98SE and it works quite well. So I try to find that $%&ยง%$! error and kick it ... more news as I found out what causes the problem exactly ...

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 01:04
Aha. Just got back. Yep, am on XP.

Cheers

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2002 20:48
Update:

I uploaded a new version of the DLL. It seems that there was (is?) a problem on Windows 2000/XP
If you tried to use "save_data" it crashed there.
I updated the dll and it worked on my W2K machine so hopefully that'll fix the problem. Would be nice if you test it.

Thanks
File at:
http://www.colorarts.de/dbprotools/cadbprowrapperdll.zip

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 02:08
Good stuff. Will try and test it out tomorrow, just suddenly got busy again.

Cheers

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 10:05
I tried it now on a second W2K machine and it works now. There's no error when writing the data. Haven't tested on XP but should work as well.

Maybe tonight I'll reupload a new version of the package that adds two plugins. One that scan the source for old/obsolete commands and rem them out with a description why. And one "template" project for easier creation.

If you have created other plugins you can mail them to add to the package. (maybe with source code ?)

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 16:16
Cool. Yeah, I will email the plugins to you when I get home. Just need to modify the auto-indention routine to work a little better and that should be it. Don't know if you want the statistics plugin as it's a bit basic - ie. number of words, lines, characters etc.

Next thing I want to do is a loader wizard (ie. select a file and it will create the code to load it whatever it is) and a path generator (ie. record movements of the mouse - prob. slightly more complicated than that - then import as a load function into the source, prob with data statements or the like).

Heh, perhaps I may get around to actually using DBP itself at some stage

Cheers

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 16:58
I think I should setup a site for all the stuff
What do you think about a "DBPro Tools site ?"
I'm interested in all plugins (even without source)
and I also try to create a nice tools package for DBPro.
More to come soon ... (after work hehe)

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 17:04
Sounds good. Damn work.... come to think of it better get back to mine

Cheers

ChipOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 18:18
hmm...good to see this is picking up now. i originally released libraries to write your own plugins 6 months ago in the beta forums but it didn't really garnish any interest.

hope to see good things!

-= i only do what my rice krispies tell me to do =-
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2002 20:06
The new package is nearly ready just waiting for Dazzag's plugins

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 01:05
Right. Better get back to it then... ang on...

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 03:58
Ok, got something going. Small problem, but I've sent all code to you. Well, I will do once my stupid email starts working...

Cheers

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 13:35
I received your two plugins Dazzag. The new version is nearly ready ... will upload this evening ... also a website is nearly ready

News so far:
- updated the Color Picker 2. Now it looks like it should hehe
- added "Show Statistic" from Dazzag
- added "Add indention" from Dazzag
- added "Add comment box" from me
- updated the manual

more to come soon ...

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 15:52
Did you work out what was wrong with the indention plugin? ie. Try using 3-4 space indention on the room demo and it crashes for some reason.

Looks good though. Must start doing some more... thought I might add some more to statistics too. No of functions/sub-routines etc etc.

Oh yeah, and I noticed in the DBP IDE that there is an option for auto-indent. Erm, does this actually work? Doesn't seem to do nout for me.

Cheers

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2002 21:47
New package available:

- updated the Color Picker 2. Now it looks like it should hehe
- added "Show Statistic" from Dazzag
- added "Add indention" from Dazzag
- added "Add comment box" from me
- updated the manual

now 161KB big
http://www.colorarts.de/dbprotools/cadbprowrapperdll.zip

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 01:28
That comment box thingy is cool. Reminds me of work now as we have something similar. Just not as configurable as that one.

Cheers

Rodro
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome Hubdule!! Took me about 5 min. and I created a plugin! Although, (you knew this was coming) can you add another function to get the names of the files within the media section, currrent project name/folder, etc.? Currently, I'm doing it another way which is not as clean/neat.

Thanks again for letting everyone use this DLL. A lot of useful tools should be created now.

Hey!! You talking to me?
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 09:55
I'll see what I can do Rodro. As far as I know there'll come a lot of nice plugins now. (Have heard something from Dazzag and me also)
If you want to share your plugin then you can simply mail me at hubdule@colorarts.de
You can share it with or without source. If it works I can add it to the power tools folder

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 15:40
I have nearly finished writting a VB plugin to DBP that will search the help pages. Is 90% complete now with just a few finishing touches needed.

Brief description:-

1. Will search quickly (ie. also HTML commands in the help which will bugger it up a little), or slowly (properly searches HTML for viseable text only
2. Pops up a list of all HTML help pages that have the text you searched for
3. Multiple word searches (plus and/or functionality)
4. Ignore word functionality (ie. show all pages with these words, but ignore the pages that also have these words)
5. Links to the main pages (main/core etc)
6. Command list drop down (ie. a list of all commands in DBP that can be put into the search text)
7. Imbedded browser. ie. When you select a page from the list then it appears in the help window itself, not as a new browser
8. It will also default the search text to the command that you are currently settled on with the cursor
9. It's semi-transparent. ie. nice win2000/XP see through application. Look nice

Erm, think that's about it. Should basically make DBP Help a more friendlier place to be.

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 15:44
I have nearly finished writting a VB plugin to DBP that will search the help pages. Is 90% complete now with just a few finishing touches needed.

Brief description:-

1. Will search quickly (ie. also HTML commands in the help which will bugger it up a little), or slowly (properly searches HTML for viseable text only
2. Pops up a list of all HTML help pages that have the text you searched for
3. Multiple word searches (plus and/or functionality)
4. Ignore word functionality (ie. show all pages with these words, but ignore the pages that also have these words)
5. Links to the main pages (main/core etc)
6. Command list drop down (ie. a list of all commands in DBP that can be put into the search text)
7. Imbedded browser. ie. When you select a page from the list then it appears in the help window itself, not as a new browser
8. It will also default the search text to the command that you are currently settled on with the cursor
9. It's semi-transparent. ie. nice win2000/XP see through application. Look nice

Erm, think that's about it. If you can think of any further enhancements then let me now. Should make the DB Help a lot more friendlier place to be though
Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 15:48
Damn. Forgot there was multiple pages. Thought my first post was not sent.... doh....

Interestingly on the realgametools forum someone actually requested this. Total fluke that I had already started it. Heh, anyways will be ready either tonight or tomorrow sometime (depending on whether I'm out tonight or not).

Cheers

Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 15:57
Wow nice to hear I also have something nice in the works ... just say BugReport ...

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2002 16:16
BugReport? Hmmm... sounds interesting... if it's what I think it is then it should be really good. Nice and complicated I take it?

Cheers

Rodro
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like Dazzag is working on something similiar I was thinking of. I was thinking of someway to simulate the VB6 command finisher within the editor (I.e. drop down box or list box of commands). I think I'll wait until I see what Dazzag has.

At the moment I'm working on a simple common code inserter (i.e. load bitmaps, do texture, etc.)

Hey!! You talking to me?
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 04:11
Is it possible to grab highlighted (selected) text and wrap some code around it?

What I am thinking is a Speed Profiler command.

takes what you hightlight and sticks a

somevariable=timer()
highlighted code is here
caluculates the time here, sticks it to the screen.

Something like that possible?

Zep--

Zep--

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2002 05:11
Zep : No it isn't possible at the minute. I asked the same thing. Wait for it though by the look of it. Good stuff.

Right, the help text is almost ready. Should be done by tomorrow night. I'll give it to Hubdule for the download and that should be that. Does pretty much what I said on the tin except for the OR and IGNORE functionality. With this amount of data (there isn't actually that many help files really) I don't think it really matters.

It does a couple more things that I didn't mention too, but I'll leave that till tomorrow night just incase I don't include them (not 100% there yet...).

Cheers

Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2002 02:12
Done it. Sent zip to Hubdule, and that is that.

Think I'll leave things for a while to recover from cold, finish work projects, and play UT2003 (still unopened 9 days later!!!).

Everything listed above was put into the help searcher, apart from proper HTML searching. Basically I couldn't be bothered and felt too dodgy. Should be relatively easy to modify though to do it (on a button please, so still have speed if want it) but I don't really see the point. Has the advantage of being faster currently, and so what if it also finds pages with your search text imbedded in tags? Will find proper link filenames and the such....

Also didn't include the OR and IGNORE functionality. There really isn't enough help pages to make it that useful. Of course it's all open source so put it in if you want it

Hope you like it! (mail me and suggestions...)

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:39:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:39:07