Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkBASIC crashing and bugs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've started running into tons of bugs with DarkBASIC (1.13). First, whenever a collision happened in my game, the whole computer would crash. No F12, no Alt+4, no CTRL+ALT+DEL would work. I had to do a hard-reboot. Now, whenever I run my program, it doesn't do anything. It acts as if there's nothing written in the file. It just says "F12 to return to program". I know it's not my program, because after this started happening, I ran the source from a game I made earlier and the same thing happened. I re-installed DB with no change, and then upgraded to 1.13 (I was at 1.12 before) and still had no change.
Jadelion
Years of Service
User Offline
did you recently upgrade windows or madey DirectX, I haven't experienced any problems but I'm still running WIN98. The only other thing I can think of is mabey your video-card drivers.
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, haven't changed any of that. My videocard drivers are up to date. I have a GF2M400, and I updated it a few weeks ago.

Jadelion
Years of Service
User Offline
you might try downloading the demo of DBPro and see if has the same errors, if it does then somthing is wrong with your system also re-install DirectX just to make sure nothing in it has been corrupted and if none of that works there is always the universal key to fixing windows problems (exit to DOS mode format C:\ enter and cry for a few minuets as all your data goes away)
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
Strangely, the first time I tried it this morning, it worked. Then, it stopped again.

SasukiShinozawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Lemme guess, you loaded DB the first time fine, the next time it did some funny things, and then stopped working altogether?

I had the same problem for a while. Win XP said that it was my video card driver. It must be getting corrupted by something that DB does. Switching cards got rid of the problem.

Tanto? Iie. Kore wa tachi desu.
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
But.... I can't just switch video cards. Anyway, I have a GeForce 2 card. What kind of program doesn't support that? Besides that, it worked fine for about a month. Oh, and yes I downloaded the demo of DBPro already, but that was back when normal DB was working for me too. Maybe it'll work if I run it in Windows 98 compatability mode... but nobody else has problems running in XP, right?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 14:27:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 14:27:26