Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Combining levels as one game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that if I was to make a game with 500 high polygon models in it, the program would run so slow that nobody in there right mind would ever play it. My question is is it possible to make 5 different games with 100 high polygon models in it, and then code them so that when you play it, only 1 of the games is being run at a time? Then when one game is finished, it quits and starts the second game?
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2003 18:59
do you mean like adding different levels to your game so when one level is completed, you start another one? if thats the case then there are many ways u could do it! i'm currently using a "function well" to programm my stages:

- each stage(a funciton in itself) has a loader and delete function. so each stage funciton would start like

function stage1
load stage1

do
........ games main play code
loop

delete stage 1
endfuntion

then you have your main code (not a function) that contains all the stages within, kinda like:

stage1()
stage2()
stage3()

the term "function well" refers to the process, it falls in to the stage 1 function, you then load stage 1, play the game, when u finnish it deletes the stage, it then climbs out of stage 1 funtion and falls into stage 2 function, loads stage 2, plays the game, when your finnished, deletes the stage and etc

i think i may be way off what question originally intended ^_^

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
SasukiShinozawa
Years of Service
User Offline
Or is this a question about splitting levels up? (Like doing part of the level, then deleting it when you're done and loading up the next part?)

That wouldn't be too hard with hexgear's method.

Tanto? Iie. Kore wa tachi desu.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 19:21:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 19:21:19