Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / The "sideways lift problem"... HELP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, in V1.. I love the new lift BUT I whould like it to start moving as soon as I step on in... And not move the whole time by itself... Can it be done?

STOP LOOKING AT MY STUPID SIGNITURE!!! So youre still loking, huh?..... STOP IT! I could'nt think of anything better!
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course!

All you need to do is this:

1. Click on Segments
2. Click on [add new segment]
3. Where it says in the section 'scifi,' scroll down and find the segment 'Lift Base Platform'
4. Posistion it anywhere in your game/level...Wah-la!

Although maybe you may know this but this is how to make it go to which floor you want, do this:

Do steps 1, 2 and partly 3 above, and by partly, I mean where it says 'Where it says in the section 'scifi,' scroll down and find...' Find the model 'Lift Tube' and keep posistioning it in the place where the 'Lift Base Platform' model is, and make sure if you have any floor in the way of it, get rid of it by pressing right-click on the mouse...Wah-la! (<- Once again )

I hope this has been a hand of help

† Evil Inside † Upcoming projects: Heresy & The Ghastly Panic
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant the new lift in the entities bank... (The one that follows a waypoint in v1) If you place it and set up a waypoint for it and test the level you will see it moves continiously, i want it only to move when i get on it Sorry for the misunderstanding...

STOP LOOKING AT MY STUPID SIGNITURE!!! So youre still loking, huh?..... STOP IT! I could'nt think of anything better!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2005 23:15
I'd do it, but by the time I get around to it, someone else will have done it... oh well, you talked me in to it...

:waypointstate=3:waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:waypointrandom
:plrdistwithin=40,waypointstate=5:waypointreverse

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
THANK YOU!!! How did you get this good at scripting merranvo?

BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2005 23:40 Edited at: 20th Sep 2005 23:50
he read the code in the manual, learnt by heart, thinks of possibilites, and ta da! (thats one way anyway)

how do you use this script?

I may Be small, but im bloomin good on a computer!

'The Ghastly panic', coming soon http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60244&b=25
Nutbolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2005 10:06
I think you just add it to the script for the lift that follows the waypoint but i'm not sure.

Just beacuse i'm blonde, don't meen i'm stupid!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 03:21:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 03:21:13