Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / want to make it so that when you distroy an item you get something

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 01:19
I want to make it so that when you distroy a box or something you get an item like maybe a key. any thoughts. I have v1

philippians 4:13
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2005 13:19 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2005 13:22
This depends - in the box situation, would you want to automatically get the key, or have to get it out of the box wreckage? If it is the latter, you simply place the key inside the box (by using Page Up/Page Down to manipulate it). Then when you destory the box, the key will be where (or around if you are using physics) the box was.

EDIT: Right now I have the latest post on every FPSC board !

Got to love Resident Evil 0! Currently playing for the: 5th time
sinkler20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2005 16:38
I tried placing the key in the box, but still when I walk up to it I get the key.

Matinuker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 11:58 Edited at: 25th Sep 2005 12:01
change the script for the key so you have to be nearer it to pick up the key, or use a bigger box

edit: this should work-

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Pickup Key

;Triggers

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecore\text\pickedupakey.tga,hudname=keyprompt,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=10
:state=10,plrdistwithin=10:state=1,playertake,coloff,plrsound=audiobank\misc\ping.wav,hudshow=keyprompt,hudfadeout=keyprompt
:state=1:rundecal=5

;End of Script

i changed the 'plrdistwithin' to 10 rather than 40
if you need it smaller then just edit it
sinkler20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2005 17:28
that should work,but it didn't.it just made it so that I had to press enter to pick it up like a object to throw.I tried it at different setting.I think at 30 it worked but I would just walk up to the box and get it and that's not what I want.I don't know why it wouldn't work unless it has something to do with the grid units..............

Matinuker
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmmm...

How about, put many boxes around it, use the default script. You would have to shoot through loads of boxes and won't pick it up if you don't , I will work on the script if you want it so you only use 1 box though
sinkler20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 00:35
It seemed like that script would work.(maybe theres a bug somewheree), but if you could try that would be nice..

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 06:33
you could have a script or rigger zone or something like that that makes it appear after you shoot the box.... i think i saw a script like that for a gun... i hope this helps

Post the unposted...
Expect the unexpected...
But don't play the unplayed!!! ( If they're really bad, that is, which they probably are.)
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2005 05:01
Hey sinkler20.
I know you wrote this post back in September, but I’m NUE and thought that if you could still use help I'd offer mine.

I hide weapons and keys in my game. The way you keep from picking up an item before destroying a create is 1) make sure the item isn't bigger than the create. 2) Make the create immobile. in the entity properties select yes for the "isImmobile" this will keep the create from moving. And 3) set the "strength" of the create. this way the player will have to shoot the create a number of times before getting the item. * For important or special items I set the Strength at about 300 or higher.*

Good Luck
-Nue B.

Nue B. or not Nue B. That is the question.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:45:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:45:33