Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Weapons damage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to change the damage done by various weapons, but I'm unsure how. I've looked at the FPE files for the weapons and the ammo, but I can't quite figure it out. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 21:38
It's easy to change the damage Right click on the weapon, find the text says "Damage". Change that value to what you want.

Hope that helps

-The Nerd

PanzerGameshere
Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem that I'm having is that I want the enemies to inflict more damage. When I load one of them, there is no weapon shown (nazi officer machine gun).Right now, the player is more likely to die of old age than from any enemy action.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2005 22:32
Uhh... They don't show up in the editor. I dont know why...

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I suspect that it is because the guns are called from a script and they are not really there until it's activated. That's why I'm looking at the weapons fpe's, but I can't figure out where the damage comes into play.
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 02:11
set a random gun (the same one that the enemies use) outside of the boundaries of your level. edit it there, and although you cant see it while playing, the fine tunings made to one gun will affect all weapons that are the same as it in the level. this also works if you want to tweak a gun that the player starts out with.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 02:15
thats not true...if you edit an entity within the editor...that single entity is the only one affected by your changes.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll give a try.
Thanks.
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep. That does it. Thanks.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 23:53
Bullshox, guns are an exception to that rule, and only the dammage field, accuracy... blah...

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:39:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:39:05