Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Hooray, it works ... my first tunnel segment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks to all in the forum who helped, now i am able to make my own segments. Here is a small example, my first tunnel.
How do you like it. There is just one thing i am still wondering about: As you can see on the floor, my texture is seamless. The UV mapping coordinates i applyed to my tunnel geometry should use the whole texture and therefore it should be seamless as well ... but as you can see, it is not really :-(
Isnt it that way, that the segments use the UW maping data which is embedded in the .X mesh data?
Regards,
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2005 18:46
hmmmmm......... look in the media section for Free Signs.... download everything he has in there...... urs looks good but his has better textures

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI MOBILITY™ RADEON™ 9700 128MB DDR, 80GB Hard Drive
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 18:30
Heiner McHink,

Greetings. I think that you've made some good progress. I like the way that your tunnel looks. Don't let Zero #43's reference to Noldor's Tunnel Segment get you down. Noldor has been doing this stuff for quite a while.

Any chance that you might be willing to share your segments with the room?

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 18:34
seth.... i said he did a good job... maybe i need to see it up close inn my test game level **hint hint** wasnt trying to critisize his work.. srry if u felt like that McHink

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Heiner McHink
Years of Service
User Offline
As i said, it is a very first try, which i kept very easy, because i just wanted to get this thing into FPS and make it work there. Wait what i am going to do next, if it works like i have planned, it is going to be a real eye popper.
Regarding the sharing of the the segment: I attached a zip, wherin you find all you need plus an alternative green organic texture. Have fun!
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 19:14
you know what that segment needs? a little door to go at the end of it, lol. and it would be nice to have a corner. Thanks a million!

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 16:48
Heiner McHink,

Greetings. Thank you very much for sharing your creation with the community. A very nice addition to the ever-growing FPSC library.

I agree! Corners and Tees would be great, should you continue to augment this segment.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:29:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:29:53