Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / We need a database for getting other game models into fpsc via fragmotion and ms

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2005 22:22
Does anyone want to join in? There is a lot of fun stuff out there, though we can't use it to sell games, we can make it for fun games.
I suggest:
Unreal Series
Quake Series
Half-life Series
GTA
Vampire:Bloodlines
Delta Force/Black Hawk Down/Joint Operations
Rogue Spear/Raven Shield/Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon
Any more suggestions? Any takers on the idea?
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 03:32
i dontthink rogue spear and ghost recon will work

they techniqually dont use models ,ur just havea big aim on your screen, nogun

Forsaken FEw - meh cant b bothered with signature
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 15:42
The models should work form ghost recon and rogue spear, when you consider that your backup soldiers are all animated with weapons. And remember that when playing multiplayer, your teammates can see you as a full 3d model animated with guns.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 03:36
You can't use it for anything. That is piracy, and talking about it will get you arrested.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 03:46
you can use it for playing, if you own the game, it is the same as modding, its not for profit, its for learning.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 04:05
Maybe I'm not following what you want. You want a collection of models from other games to play in your own personal FPSC game?

-This...is my boomstick!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 06:23 Edited at: 1st Oct 2005 06:25
Modding is only legal if the company allows it. THEY CAN sue you for illigal use of their engine. if they see you useing their models THEY WILL sue you.

I can't just reverse engineer FPSC for my own PLEASURE, I need to ask Lee for permission. AND you are talking about distributing these models and distributing FPSC games that they are used in. Also illigal.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 23:53
No, I am not talking about distributing anything. I am talking about building my own custom game, for use on my on network, to lay with my friends. No distribution, no theft of intellectual property. In fact, I wont buy anyone else's add-on packs for just this reason. If someone has hacked a model or texture or animation from somewhere else, it could end up in a game for sale somewhere. I have to create all of my assets myself, because it's just too much of a legal liability. Merranvo, I apologize if you thought i wanted to rip off models and animations to sell, but it just isnt the case. I have done a lot of reearch to see what can be sold legally. I know that models from ghost recon, quake, ut, jediknight, whatever, are the full property of the respective creators. Maybe its unethical to mod, its the way most people learn to become developers.
My main reasons for wanting to be able to open things in fragmotion is 1 thing, to be able to look at the way professionals have laid out there bone structures, and IK. To see how people work at doing what I want to do:animate characters. I will be more thoughtful when I post questions in the future. I double posted yesterday by mistake, and I have taken some criticism for it, which I will abide by. But please dont think that I plan, have planned, or plan to ip off content created by other people. You can believe it when you see stuff I make that it is 100% my own creation, and that shows cause its not that great a lot of the time.
Thanks merranvo, I want to offer you a proposal by the way!
jarretttowe@hotmail.com
Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 03:57
@Jtbullet - I get what your saying and im in

Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 15:57
Merranvo, do you see that I am not trying to hack company's stuff? I just want to get it straight. When I was younger, I hacked stuff like everybody else, but now I am a grown-up, my software is paid for, and legitimate. I really don't even get to play many games now(2.5 year old and another on the way), but I enjoy this process, and I hope to learn from the GREAT work of other modders to find out how they make things that are really exceptional. I hope I didn't offend you in my posting, as I value the resource that you have made of yourself for the scripting community.
Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 06:54
im in and i have allready got some models from Quake and half-life. Getting more as I type this. so are we doing this or not ??

Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 14:20
Ok. I take your point. However, I must reiterate, that I suggested this only as a way to learn the animation techniques of others, not for publication, not for compiling even into an .exe. For example, I like the way the black hawk down characters are animated. It would be cool to be able to get them into fragmotion to see how they are keyframed.

But, I see your point, and as I said already, all of my objects, textures, and animations are created by me, 100% bcause I can't sfford buying an add-on pack that may or may not have been made up of ripped textures, objects, or animations. I am not saying that is what the people here have done that have packs for sale, I am sayign that it could easily be done, and someone could easily buy stolen content, and someone could easily be sued for compiling that content into a game.

I have a new idea. I am going to contact some of these companies and see what they say about using their content. I will approach it legally, maybe novalogic will give me permission to see how the characters are made.
Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 16:18
Quote: "I have a new idea. I am going to contact some of these companies and see what they say about using their content. I will approach it legally, maybe novalogic will give me permission to see how the characters are made. "

so I gess I should wait on getting these models?

Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 17:28
Wheel gator, you can do what you like, just remember the legal aspects of this discussion. While I want to tinker and mod like others, I don't want to do it at the chance of legal challenges.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 00:05
jt..i need to talk to you...do you have an instant messenger? i clicked on your msn on your post, but it doesnt work...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 03:58
jarretttowe@hotmail.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:23:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:23:29