Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Anyone know if dbpro was used to animate the figures?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 18:41
If so I am going to buy it today. I realized that there are dbpro files in the folder in the demo. They load into fragmotion fine, well pretty good, the skeleton is to the left of the model, but that is fixable. Anyone know if this is the case?
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 18:43
no you cant do animation in dbpro with skeletons and stuff.... they use actual animation software 3ds max...cinema 4d ... maya... ms

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 19:13
Why do you ask the same question in different forums? We don't need duplicate posts to wade through and make the forums on a whole slower. Think before you post please.

Now, to answer your question, "What?"

Was DBP used to animate the figures? I will go out on a limb here and try to answer your question.

DBP is a programming language, similar to BASIC. You use the language for whatever needs you want to instruct the computer to do (load file, display model, spinning cube, etc).

Animation is created with a graphics package. Some such animation packages are named Max, CharacterFX, etc.

I know that the models used for FPSC was created using Max and Character Studio (I believe Character Studios) which is a plugin for Max. Animation is REALLY EASY but it is something that takes time to master. I would count on 3-6 months to be able to be VERY good at it.

So to answer your question, I think, "if dbpro was used to animate the figures" yes and no.

Yes. The FPSC program was created from DBP so the routines to display the characters and play the animation are functions from DBP.
No. The actual Animations was created with a Graphics modeler package.

Hope this helps your answer.

-This...is my boomstick!
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 20:55
Sorry guys, I was looking at this page of the product tour:

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=tour13

Basically I am looking for the shortest distance between a game platform and an animator. I am using fpsc as you know, as well as fragmotion, milkshape, and cinema 4d, hexagon too. I would love to have max but i dont have the cash now.
The page of the product tour made me wonder if there was a character rigging solution built in , like there is in conitec 3dgs.

Thanks Cellbloc, I will not double post again. I actually reposted because I thought I had posted in the wrong place to begin with.
My apologies.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:24
Ah, I can somewhat see where you were going with that train of thought.

No, DPB doesn't have a built in "Animator" BUT you can manually animate stuff by using limbs. There is no "GUI" for this, you have to do it manually, but it is possible. I once when I started out, made a cylinder and made 5 limbs out of it, then animated it all in code.

-This...is my boomstick!
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 21:58
Yuck! Too much work!
Looks like its time to get MAX. Dont get me wrong, milkshape and fragmotion are extremely powerful values, but I am wasting a lot of time doing back and forth stuff.
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 22:06
or blender or cinema 4d or maya search the FREE stuff first

cinema 4d does animate u do know that?? i got cinema 4d

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2005 22:15 Edited at: 30th Sep 2005 22:17
Or order the Max CD Trial from the Discreet site for FREE... it is not like the Trial expires or is limited in anyway...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5659513

-This...is my boomstick!
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 00:23
It doesn't expire? It's not limited? Whats the catch?
Jtbullet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2005 00:26
Yeah I have cinema, but it doesnt animate as well as max for games. And I like the fact that max is so very ready for games out of the box.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 07:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 07:26:26