Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Pencil Whipped movie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 08:10 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2005 08:11
A while back I was accused of photoshopping a screen shot of my game. As I promised I would post a video proving this was not true. Here it is.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MR elevetor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 16:29
I´m downloading ....What is the game all about? In the demo you just walk around 2 guy.
Nice drawing!

I get sooooo mad when my stupid game always complain than
it don´t know what code 1 line 20 [splace$]is!
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
->

† Evil Inside † Benzin Software
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 21:39
wtf?

hey...thats pretty cool...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2005 22:20
Thanks. Walking around the guys was the purpose of the video. I was demonstrating that the 2 dudes I showed in a screenshot a while back were really there and not pasted in using photoshop.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 01:02
why are they 2d though?

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
BECAUSE HE IS DI?FFEReNT!!! AND I'M NOT YELLING!!

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 03:14
@ BULLSHOCK 2

The world is made out of drawings on paper so all the ememies are like paper drawings also, thin like a cutout. You don't really see thier thickness though. Most of the time they will always face you, but unlike sprites they are boned 3d models that move fluidly which is kind of shocking the first time you see it.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 03:28
can you show a video of tat?!?!?!

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 03:38 Edited at: 4th Oct 2005 03:39
Soon. I haven't yet animated the x model versions of these guys. All I have is fully animated md2 versions of them that I used in my old engine. But md2 doesnt work with FPSC so I have to start over. Md2 is vertex based frame animation. X models are bones.

Lon
MR elevetor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 17:38
It´s a good trailer still
(even that strange walking around 2 guys thing)

soon I will make the most biggest game in the world!
Just need to make my skills in coding better...
Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 20:17
hi there and welcome to the game creators tools instead of pie in the skies tools(GCS).
and stop bugging him as he have made this game with another engine a while back and is converting it to this engine.
I tryed your game a couple a years ago on the old engine so yust want to say keep it up and welcome to an new comunity.
i made an really crappy texture pack fo that companys engine thats why i know of this game.
with crappy do i mean that i was`t that good at textures when i made it and thinks now days that it was crapp my texture pack that is.

AMD ATHLON 1.8 XP WITH AN GEFORCE 4 TITANIUM 4600 (128 MB) AND 256 MB DDRAM (266).
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2005 20:37
That was the "amazing texture" pack wasn't it? I remember. If its that one I still think thier good. Heck I'd still use them.

Lon
Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 18:11
yes i belive he named it that iam not sure nowdays.
and if i aint wrong so did you get some pretty good reviews of the game when you first released it with the gcs engine.
its always fun to se an really original game like this one hope you convert it completely to this engine and maybe we could help each other out with the scripts later on i ordered the fpc yester day and should have it tomorrow.
i bought it without even try out the trial version.

AMD ATHLON 1.8 XP WITH AN GEFORCE 4 TITANIUM 4600 (128 MB) AND 256 MB DDRAM (266).
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2005 20:44
Yeah, it was recieved very well. The engine itself didn't really get any negative reviews. It was probably because the game content is so different than standard FPS games, reviewers didn't have anything to compare it to. The only thing that people have mentioned as of late is that the GCS doesn't synch very well with fast computers: if the computer is really fast the game runs really fast. If the computer is slow, it runs really slow etc. which is not good. The game Im making with FPSC is actually going to be a sequal of the first. Right now Im running with the name "Horey Gorey, Pencil Whipped 2". This one will contain some really brutal stuff ie gore and fear but with alot of dark humor. When you die or fall victim to some weird thing, either you will laugh your ass off or want to put your fist through the screen. . For instance: there will be a guy whose selling dynamite in a tray strapped over his shoulders with a cigerette in his mouth. He has a speech impediment and he will come at you saying "Youse wanna buy somes dynamite?" just before he gets to you, he will trip and fall down and the cigerette will blow up the dynamite and you. From then on throughout the game if you hear "Youse wanna buy somes dynamite?" You better run like hell and hopefully not into a dark room full of running chain saws hanging from the ceiling.

Lon
Essex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 16:09
@Lon... EEEK!

Essex
Anatoly
Years of Service
User Offline
YES, YES, YES!
It's alive!!! My dream will come true! Lon, you are my hero!
Pie3d was so buggy and RF was too compex, so let's hope that FPSC will do the job! Will all old characters make a return? Will Jssper be animated? And will King MugaFuga be in there?
OMG, I'm SOOOO exited!!!

Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun
Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2005 11:23
sounds great lon.
looking forward to test your game later on.

electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey

I recognized that video too. Didnt you get an award for that as well?
It was very innovative and I'm glad you are at it still.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:18:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:18:00