Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Anybody know the correct export settings to get a model from milkshape into .x for fpsc?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 18:12
I am just trying to decide between the jt direct x export and direct x 8 export. Any help?
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 20:33
what type of model is it does it have animation?. ive tried exporting models with animation and it didnt work ,but i have exported regular models and they work but when u export uncheck the animation setting's, another thing make sure enity file is fpe not fps. milkshape scale is small to u might not see ur model

hope this info helps
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2005 20:36 Edited at: 7th Oct 2005 20:37
This might help
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=61198&b=3
Bottom of page
PLH
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I've tried to export Psion's free 3d model of zombie; http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Free%20Stuff/3D%20Models
from MilkShape 3D for use as .x in FPS Creator, just to get something started.
It produced a single x file and didn't go in to FPSC.

I keep seeing .ms3d being talked about as being used.

If you have used ms3d and can successfully create/edit/export 3d humanoid models from ms3d that can be used in FPSC, please let me know.

I want to make a zombie model that walks slow, changes direction off of objects like trees/rocks, pounds at walls, pursues player [slowly, persistently] when in certain proximity and attacks by grabbing at and biting player. Would also need it to die from head shots [decapitation woul dbe cool too lol], knock down from body shots. Hmm, set on fire and slowly stumble. I like the zombie model from Psion, would like to use it. Just can't get things from ms3d to FPSC. :-( Help?

Thanks.
Pat Hoolahan
PLHinc-Web Design - http://www.plhinc-web.com - info@plhinc-web.com
devild0g
Years of Service
User Offline
Your model is gonna be an over achiever. Getting a zombie into FPSCreator, easy. But putting all the anims in, now thats exciting. When ya figure that out, lemme know.

Semper Fidelis.
God Bless.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 13:21
I tried the zombie model and got him into the game, but no matter what A.I I give it, it just stands there and boogies a bit.

It might have something to do with the animations, or something I stuffed up when exporting it.

At least I got that far.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 23:10:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 23:10:15