Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / discount for db users...my problem...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
greetz everybody, uhh, with the dbpro discount for people who have already bought db1, i ordered through the australian distibutor, pier57, and never got a manual. er, how do i get the discount??
thnx
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 11:57
If you filled in any DarkBasic registration forms (and sent them back), then you should be on their computers somewhere...

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 12:23
yeah this had been getting alot of reactions the setup for purchasing the upgrade...

personally i'm not quite sure why they haven't made it like the patchs for DB - if anyone remembers before 1.1x patches were released for the demo and full version use, and they didn't make the same mistake as ID and others of allowing the patch for the full version to be installed over the demo allowing effectively giving you the full thing.

If these can autodetect to see if DB Full is used then surely a simple checker for pro could be used, which would make purchasing the upgrade a waste of time unlees you have the full version installed (take up 20mb on min install)
Possible a detection process like Microsoft Hardware, where if it doesn't find it on the HDD then it'll check the CD roms for the CD installer

would seem the most sensible way, espeically as the manual front on airmail isn't exacrlt cheap because its too big for an ordinary envelope - that is if you own the manual in the first place which is DB 1.08 users only
Also would mean that both could be available in the shops and online shops just as a pickup and purchase.

[b] New interactive driving system... i like my new blue and black steering wheel [b]
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 15:41
Raven - he was asking about how to get the full version of DBPro but only pay the Upgrade price because he has no manual.

The software itself could easily check to see if he had DB installed already and then determine which upgrade path to take - however that doesn't help us because at that point he will have had to pay for the program and that's the issue here - how much should he pay

Silentdragon - your best bet is to email Rick (rick@darkbasic.com) and see what offer he can do for you.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 15:47
i think what he ment was do the same as MS....

sell 2 versions
The version for users without DB1 for $150 USD
and the version for users with DB1 for $60 USD
then let the buyer take the risk of which version to buy...

of course, thats why we hate MS tho.
Silentdragon
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys, will do rich

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:44:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:44:15