Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / I have some script questions, some help please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I’m new and just got the Fps creator couple of days ago and have never wrote sripts in my life but I’m learning. Alright I wrote this script:

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = heal plr heath is less than 30

;Triggers

:plrwithinzone=1:state=1
:state=1,plrhealthless=30:state=2
:state=2:timestart,state=3
:state=3,timergreater=900:plraddhealth=1,state=1

;end of script

Basically it works except for the fact that when the player walks out of the zone he’ll still heal if his health is lower then 30. Also I want it to heal slowly (as you can see with the timer) but that doesn’t seem to work either. Maybe some one with experience could help. I’m also trying to make two other scripts that are similar but, I’m kinda lost. For one I want dynamic light(s) to start out as off but as the player moves into a trigger zone they turn on with a bit of delay. The other is where the player moves into a trigger zone and spawns enemies that attack. I’m a bit lost on how to script it and how to do it, could someone set me in the right direction. Also I just made this one but haven’t tested it (I’m not sure if its right):

;Header

desc = enemy drops weapon when plr is seen and runs, gets cautious when hears player

;Triggers

:state=0:state=1
:state=1,plrcanbeseen:rotatetoplr,state=2
:state=1,noiseheard=1,plrdistwithen=5:state=3
:state=2:animate=6,losetarget=10,state=4
:state=3:animate=31,state=0
:state=4:timerstart,state=5
:state=5,timergreater=4000:animate=2,state=0

;end of script

Thanks!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 02:03
i dont get what your asking...if you want help...take a look at this:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62366&b=23

Soldier X1
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Bullshock 2 thanks for the heads up but I already read that, I’m not saying it wasn’t helpful but I need someone to help fix my 2 scripts and possibly help get me started on 2 other ones I really could use. Here I retyped my questions above and re-worded it so maybe you and others can understand.

Alright I’m trying to make a script that would be used in a heal zone. What I want it to do is when the player walks into the zone with less then 30 health I want 1 health to be added every x amount of seconds to the player until either his health reaches 30 or the player walks out side the zone. Here’s what I got so far:

;Header

desc = heal plr heath is less than 30

;Triggers

:plrwithinzone=1:state=1
:state=1,plrhealthless=30:state=2
:state=2:timestart,state=3
:state=3,timergreater=900:plraddhealth=1,state=1

;end of script
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The next script I made is for the enemy entities main fpi. What I want to happen is when the enemy entity sees the player (or is shot by the player) he’ll drop his gun and run away from the player in a attempt to loss the player then after x amount of time the enemy will return to a normal state. If the enemy entity hears the player at x distance he will become cautious then after x amount of time the enemy will return to a normal state. Here’s what I got so far:

;Header

desc = enemy drops weapon when plr is seen and runs, gets cautious when hears player

;Triggers

:state=0:state=1
:state=1,plrcanbeseen:rotatetoplr,state=2
:state=1,noiseheard=1,plrdistwithen=5:state=3
:state=2:animate=6,losetarget=10,state=4
:state=3:animate=31,state=0
:state=4:timerstart,state=5
:state=5,timergreater=4000:animate=2,state=0

;end of script

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m also trying to make two other scripts that are similar but, I’m kinda lost.
For the first script I want dynamic light(s) to start out as off but as the player moves into a trigger zone the lights turn on with a bit of delay.
The other script I want to make is where a player moves into a trigger zone and enemies spawns and attack. I’m a bit lost on how to script it and how to do it, could someone set me in the right direction.

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 06:46
:state=0,plrhealthless=30:plraddhealth=30

enemy drops weapon when plr is seen and runs, gets cautious when hears player

enemys can't drop weapons. Retreat is able, but there is already a coward script.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
Soldier X1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "enemys can't drop weapons"

I understand what you are saying Monster but if you check page 88 in the manual it says animate=6 reload weapon (or toss). What does toss mean then?

Quote: ":state=0,plrhealthless=30:plraddhealth=30"

But what about the timed delay between each health added?

Thanks Monster.
Pix Worx Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
I am compleatly new to scripting. Can someone explain it to me so that i can understand? I didnt understand any of the tutorials.

~Surf~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:31:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:31:33