Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Debugger

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 18:03 Edited at: 9th Dec 2006 17:29
Wasn't sure what to call this thread. And I'm not sure wether this has been asked before or not, but I'm sorry if it has. Couldn't find it though. I'm not even sure this is the right forum...

The thing is, that when you have multiple source files, and get a compile error in source file number 2 or above, the debugger just says:

,, This and that error on line 3456", for example.

The problem is, that the first source file only has, let's say 164 lines of code. The debugger simply counts the lines up until the error. I think it would be really nice, if it could tell you on what line, in what source the error occured, and then jump to the line.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 20:17
This has been reported 10000 times. The editor takes the multiple source files and turns them into 1 for the compiler. There is no way for the debugger to know which include file it came from. This would have to be done in the editor which is no longer supported.

re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 21:37
it should insert some break sequence like " :BREAK<::"
so it knows where each break is and count from there

you dont beat the system. the system beats you.
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 22:36
Or alternativly you can open the big source dile it creates. I´m guessing that as it links all the files into one then that one file has to exist somewhere (temp foder?) so you can open that and read which line it´s talking about.

My signature has been erased by me because it's LARGE.
Thank you for the votez!1!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:24:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:24:33