Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Terrain of the eternal silence

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 18:42
Ok, I have my awsome .X format terrains, nice hills and features, textured, properly scaled, polygon efficient, physics enabled and tested, but there is a but...
No sound when the player walks on it! If I put a ground segment directly underneath it, it actually breaks the silence, but this carries some problems because ground is flat aligned with the layer floor, and terrain is not flat and sometimes goes below ground level.
Does anyone knows the trick? I promise to share la creme de la creme of my terrains when finished.
By the way, I made it as an entity, not as a segment, because I do not visualize how a segment could be that big. Or can it?

May the 3d force B with U
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 19:30
whoever told you to put it as a segment is retarded...unless its a symetrical wall type entity.

for the sound, find the material properties in the fpe...they should be a 1-diget number.

this number represents the corresponding file in the audio bank...based on the fact that you said you have no sound, that command probbably isnt there...you have to add it in corresponding to what material it is...(wood, grass or metal)

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 00:52
Here I attached a test terrain model entity. It has cartesian numbering on the ground level, to measure the sound effect.

The curious thing about the terrains I have done, is that they emit sound near the center axis of the model (the central point, up to number two, if the parameter collision mode is zero.
This seems to be related to the collision ellipse or sphere, but at this time I don't know how to make it larger, to be as large as the terrain model.

I placed many comments on the fpe, if anyone want to experiment and post its results.

If parameter "defaultstatic" is not present on the fpe, when walking over the terrain it emits sound, only if there is a segment on the same layer, painted on the same space of the terrain.

If anyone can find the solution, post it here.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 04:39
terrains are really a pain the arse ive worked on terrains over 20 hours its just not going to work correctly. objects fall through or u get stuck going over the terrains. ive made all different types of fpe files .ive even had better luck making terrains segments than i did with terrains being entities. if theres a way to add terrains to fpsc that work correctly it would shock me. and the ground segments isnt my main concern until someone figures out the terrain hell. Has anyone asked the company if terrains are possible without the glitches? or if it can be done correctly? it would be nice if you could replace the grid or change it

If you dont have what it takes to create "Spend Alot Of Money"
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 09:02
I feel your pain.

For the best flash anime, go to Lifepoint1.com
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 16:50
Well, my terrains work well except for the sound. Using the "segment sound" method ---if we can call it so-- the terrain is complete useable.
You can set the parameters as commented into the fpe.

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 22:57
@ JDforce ive tested ur terrain and it doesnt work well at all.

If you dont have what it takes to create "Spend Alot Of Money"
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 23:21
Hitman, what are the symptoms? here it works fine. What I do to make a test is to set a normal ground segment area and place the start marker there. On the border of that safe area, I place the test terrain. If it just do not appear, probably is falling. In that case, check the static parameter. Anyway am going to download and check.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 02:53 Edited at: 20th Oct 2005 02:56
The Hitman,

Here you have it :

www.umedia.co.uk/Homo2/FPSC Terrain_Test1.wmv

There is much documentation regarding terrains around - I amongst others have posted many times re the subject - most recently I posted a new recent screenshot and details of how I work with terrains.

Do a search or look over recent posts.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 06:33
Nice terrain and nice video, but a mute terrain am afraid...
I still think it is important.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 07:31
Sorry I dont understand your post. Anyway you can get terrain into FPSC.

Of course its important.

Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 19:13 Edited at: 20th Oct 2005 19:14
Quote: " @ JDforce ive tested ur terrain and it doesnt work well at all."

Hey! Leave him alone, man! He's just a beginner at it!

(Although my name is Evil Inside lol, I do sometimes be nice WHEN I WANT TO! lol)

† Evil Inside † Benzin Software

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 15:40:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 15:40:07