Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Buildings question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 22:34
I'm creating buildings for a project and have found that when i open a door the room is fully lit by the outside light. I would rather this be done with the light in the building.

I am creating them as entity's and not using the sgment editor.

Is it possible to set something so that inside is dark when the inside lights are switched off or can this only be done in rooms using the segment editor.

Thanks.

Simon.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 00:16
I presume by outside light you mean the default level ambient light?

If you wish that only actual placed lights illuminate your level - you can change the default ambient light settings in the settings.ini file for your game/level - changing the lighting setting to 0 (zero) or 1 (one) - that will start you with a level that is actually almost completely black so if you dont insert any light you wont be able to see anything much at all.

Actually - you may well have to edit the mygame settings.ini file and not your specific game.ini file if you have created one as there is a bug in FPSC that stops you changing setttings that will show up in editor test run if you dont edit the mygame.ini file itself.

While in editor test run mode in your level - hitting the < & > will change the ambient light in real time in your level test run so you can quickly test out what complete darkness looks like while you continue to add lights as you develop and see how it progresses if you want.

Although there is a bug I mentioned in regard to the editor -pereventing changing some settings in the build dialogue box that wont show up in test run - they will in game compile - thus the < & > are useful to use in test so you can see what your final build will look like if you dont want to edit the default mygame settings.ini file.

Your best bet is to make your level useing the <> keys to set ambient lighting in test run and then edit your game settings.ini manually following final game compile - changing build dialogue box settings in the .ini files can cause unstable levels or level corruption - another bug so watch that one.

You should always keep backups anyway so nothing can then go wrong - just put your copies back.

Hope that helps

Simon Richardson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 18:51
Well you can see the problem from the attached image that when i open the door the inside is lit the same as the outside but i want it to be darker without having to add a pile of lights around the building just to ilumintae part of it and have lights on the inside to iluminate that part.

This image was taken from a built level with default settings.

I don't know if setting full light mapped images would help but it was taking a long time to build with this setting so i cancelled that.

If it van't be done then i'll just have to do with what i have just now.

Thanks.

Simon.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you make the interior textures darker? -Sometimes you have to cheat.
That way you can add an interior light.
Simon Richardson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 15:00
Didn't think of making the textures darker.

That would pobably work.

Looks like i will have to cheat someway if i want it to look like its dark inside.

Cheers.

Simon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:14:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:14:03