Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Modeling Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I just bought fps creator 3 days ago...I am starting to get very frustrated with it...and started to think I might have wasted my money...bc I am losing my patience with it...I have asked ?'s on these forums but no one will help...I have looked through the stickies etc for the answer...My brother and I have successfully gotten models of masterchief and elites converted to .x files and into the game...I have followed templates, guidelines etc. but whenever I put the character into the game...they do not move...they get shot and blood comes out...when they die they just disappear...when they hold a gun you cannot see the gun...we have the segment programs that were on the download pages and everything..my brother knows what hes doing..he made the bonestructure and everything for the models....please any tips or ideas will be appreciated very much
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 23:06
miles alot of info on doing certain things are being left out ,i know how u feel.they need to come up with tutorials to help people understand how things actully work,sounds like a placment problem for ur character holding the gun some kind of naming & positioning of the weapon for ur model. they give you a manuel but it doesnt say how to do sh_t. have u tried fragmotion to look at one of the orginal models. u may find a anwser there, good luck

If you dont have what it takes to create "Spend Alot Of Money"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 23:12
for the charecter models...you need to have them parented to one of the original skeletons that came with FPSC...if you have MAX and charecter shop...then download the ones on the download page

as for your guns...if you parent to an FPSC skeleton like ive said...that will fix the problem..

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 23:50
dude that defeats the purpose of creating YOUR OWN MODELS and he wants to be able to use a gun with his model ,plus he may have his own animations.fpsc animations suck. whats the point of creating games if your going to have the same models,animations,guns etc as everyone else.

FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
You can create all of that. If you make your own character, then you can create your own skeletons and animations, or you can modify what there is. Create your own guns and all that.
Depends on your chops, and what you want to do.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:20
@hitman

wtf? do you know what a model PARENT is? dont post unless you know what your talking about...

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:36
@miles - saying you can't make it work isn't enough unfortunately.

This is a complex topic so you need to post screenshots, software used, export settings etc.

Even then there's no guarantee anyone can help you yet, but others may learn from your efforts.

There's no definitive guide to model importation yet(the program has only been out a month).

I've had some success with animated entities since buying Fragmotion, but I am still running into little problems. However, I'm pretty sure at this stage it is possible so don't panic.

This is bugging lots of people, but I think patience is required.

Someone will figure it out eventually.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:37 Edited at: 17th Oct 2005 08:11
dude ive been modeling for over 5 years. plus im a programmer for 24 years so u cant tell me anything. this isnt a game mod lol, be creative

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:54:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:54:15