Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 22:50
why is the models so small when using in fpsc?

If you dont have what it takes to create "Spend Alot Of Money"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:21
why are they small? or how do you make them bigger?

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:30
Can u read ? when exporting to directx the models are smaller in fpsc. the question is why idiot

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:39
A lot of premade models I've tried have the same problem.

They're just made to a smaller scale.

If you want to guarantee your stuff is the right size just import one the FPSC models into your program and use that as a guide.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Simon Richardson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 02:54
If you use Lightwave then 10 metres in LW is the same as 1 foot in FPSC.

Simon.
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 03:03
thanks im using gamespace thats why i was wondering i also have 3dsmax and it seems to be correct scale on models but in gamespace i like the way you can create animations

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 03:04
i forgot to ask how is milkshape scaling ?

SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 05:53
dont call people idiots, and wat do u mean, 'can you read'? the only thing u said was 'why is the models so small when using in fpsc?'! u said nothing about directx, and you used evry poor grammar. be kind, or noone will answer you. god, these forums are going to the dogs!!

Visit us today at [href]http://www.freewebs.com/pyramidproductions[href]!

Coming Soon- 'Nightfall' Demo
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 06:23 Edited at: 17th Oct 2005 06:30
i was answering BULLSHOCK 2 "why are they small? or how do you make them bigger?" i didnt ask how to make them bigger. common sense. i asked why was the models smaller in scale. poor grammar pff ok how many of you cant understand a simple question raise your hands that means you to SarusX to every question there's an anwser Hint not another question and i was making sure he understood that i was exporting in direct x to make things clear that i wasnt using some other format.so SarusX pay attention as you can see my question was anwsered. next time spell "every" or "Very" correctly and GOD didnt have anything to do with this conversation

Deadly Pixel Society
Years of Service
User Offline
Chill folks!

Render & Dismember. Dehumanize Society With A Digital Death Deity.
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 18:23
I'm confused on the scaling also, not how to scale but why? If the models go into DB at a correct size and fpsc was created in DB why is there a difference. The same goes with skybanks why does the up and down images have to be rotated in fpsc.
Is every game engine different in the way it scales models? or is it just fpsc. Sorry I have not tried other game engines yet but, thought others here might have and have a better understanding. Thanks.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 21:58
wtf did you want me to say? i was trying to help...

did you want a technical explaination of why...like

"well, technically, the polygon to polygon ratio of the common directx model is quit different because..."

why the hell do you need to know why anyway? how is that gonna help you make a better game? how is that gonna help you do anything...

do you see what you start when you reply rude??

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 22:24
If your model is too small once brought into FPSC, add the following to the FPE for that entity/character after the X, Y, Z rotation stuff: scale = 200 or whatever number works for you. You'll have to play with the number and re-test until it looks good to you. Also It's worth mentioning, and I figured this out the hard way, If you make some changes to a model and re-export it to overwrite a model you've already tested in level, you will want to delete the .DBO file for that model. FPSC creates a dark basic object file for x models tested in the FPSC engine. Just make sure to delete the .dbo file before re-testing the model otherwise you end up with goofy stuff happening with the model.

Lon
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 22:29
thats what i dont get...he doesnt want to know how to make it bigger...just "why" its small...

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 00:11
@ BULLSHOCK 2

DUDE!!! its a simple question. ok here we go again shhhhh,if u notice if u use different modeling programs when exporting a direct x model the scales are way different. hmmmm? thats a good reason to ask why. ok but when using 3dsmax its the correct scale. so now im guessing that its the direct x plugin's. some direct x plugins arent worth a hoot. ive just wasted my time learning gamespace because it sucks on scaling, milkshape sucks on scaling truespace is basically the same as gamespace. but gamespace has a nice way of animating. milkshape doesnt have enough features that i am looking for. so i guess im stuc with 3dsmax once again,3dsmax is great but i hate that it takes forever to load up just for me to switch between testing my models. fpsc already takes up enough resources from memory. thats why i was asking why.if u think about it if a model is exported to a certain format it should stay the correct size. if u resize a photo to 128x128 doesnt it stay the same size when u open it it a different program?

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 01:04
oh, well in that case, the models hold correct to the 3ds max size because they fpsc was designed with 3ds max as its main modeller...therefore, the models and the game world size were put together using max sizes, because that is the only moddler they used.
and when you export, the export doesnt change the size of the model...its just that different modelers have different units of measurment...so something may "look" as big as something in max...but it could be in very small units...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:59:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:59:33