Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / AVI/.GIF? How can I animate images?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 05:24
Hey, I'm looking for the easiest way to animate images, I'm trying to learn how to make cutscenes, and I have some pics to make an animation, I just need to know how. Any help would be apreciated

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 07:31
By far the best thing you can get for the buck, is pro-motion. You can animate frame by frame or using the keyframer. Outputs avi, gif, mosaic sequence and more.
If you are on a budget, use the gif animator from microsoft, or other gif animators you can look for on the internet.
Theoretically, you could draw frame by frame and get a sequence, but things like alignment, compression and other issues eat precious time.
I recall seeing somewhere (like freeware) the old version of autodesk animator, that outputs fli format, but promotion is the reborn of that magnificent program.
If you had macromedia flash, even an old version, you could also draw frame by frame or keyframed. That is a quite good tool that outputs the formats you require.

May the 3d force B with U
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 09:45
ok thanks, I'll look into some of those

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 15:13
no...you cant use animated texture in FPSC...the best way to make a cutscene would be to model a scene, animate it then render to an avi and play in story zone...or you could turn your images into an avi with movie editing software...

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 18:23
Thank you Bullshock, I was going to make it a teaser, sorry, I just noticed I said "Cutscenes" in my first post. I would like it i it played when yo opened the game to, so I'll do as you said

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 21:49
i was going to make like a TV on the wall to, but since animated texture arent possible, i made a cutscene of my charecter walking up to the screen, pressing the button, and watching it...

what i forgot to mention is that every object can have 1 alternate texture, so, you could change its texture once, no more than that...

but, i am always glad to help...

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 02:32
what about decals? They're multiple textures, arn't they?

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 20:02
decals are i single texture with about 9 images spanned accross 3 lines. i dont thatink you could put a decal on an entity, and even if you could, it would be really bad quality, because you have to divde the texture size by 9.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2005 22:55
thanks for all the help, I'm going to get all the pictures, then download a demo of a AVI creator program (I can't remmember the name) hopfully that will work, thanks for your help guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:55:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:55:55