Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Vertex Manipulation commands and FVF338

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 21:50
Back in May, I posted something about using Set Vertex Normal with custom built memblock meshes using the FVF338 format. Since the time of that post I haven't really touched DBP, so terminology, functions and general aptitude for all things DBP have escaped my mind.

If I remember correctly, I created a memblock mesh to represent a flat bit of terrain, and then I tried to set some normals. I converted the object to a mesh, then tried to convert it back to a memblock mesh. Reading in the raw data for the normals resulted in 0-values .....

To summarise : set vertex normal doesn't work for FVF338 objects.

Here's my original post : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=53570&b=1

I've just looked on my laptop now and I can't find the source code for that project Looks like I gave up on it totally. However, if you can fix this it makes it very straight forward to make rolling terrains

New 'n' Improved sig details how little I accomplish
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 23:29
Seems to work alright now

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 23:42
Depressingly, I'm having a real tough time finding my original source code But I'll trust you on that one and start my project again

New 'n' Improved sig details how little I accomplish

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 10:22:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 10:22:29