Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / making my oun prefabs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 15:58
How are you guys making your prefabs?
I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

P4 3.9 X800XT 2X75-Raptor 20.1 DVI LCD
DBPro FPSC MS3D Fragmotion MS.Net
ironjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 23:04
Nobody is making prefabs...?

Is this even possible then...?

Thanks.

Simon Richardson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 23:30
I'm not making any prefabs, infact i probably won't ever use the segment editor as i find creating my own stuff as entities is a lot more easier to do and you have more control over where things go.

Sorry i can't be of any help.

Simon.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 23:38
OMG....does anybody read the manual at all???

PLEASE READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manual-page 26 or 13 in pdf....

why didnt you read it? please tell me why you didnt...

ironjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 00:21
Wow BULLSHOCK 2, you sound very angry, I did read the manual.

The segment editor really isn't very good for making rooms, ya I know it's free.
I guess I was really asking if anyone is using other software, and what it is...

I think I'm out of this forum, as any helpful comments, as few as they are, are only accompanied by downgrading and belittling...

cy guys 'round...

ironjohn

Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
The segment editor is to make segments and some other juicy stuff, not prefabs.

Probably you read the paper manual, which says close to nothing. Look for the PDF file. You have to build with segments the room you want and then save it as a prefab.

Personally I don't use it. I prefer to use segments and build from there.

V
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 01:34
i actually was kindof angry...

why do people keep posting about things that are talked about constantly AND on the reference page of the manual.

and on top of that...you didnt even read my post. i did not say to use the segment editor...and if you read the manual...you would see what im talking about.

downgrading and belittling? why didnt you try to find a solution to your problem BEFORE you posted here?

one more thing. YOU DID NOT READ THE MANUAL.
if you did, you wouldent ask questions about that kindof stuff. its right there on the reference page.

ironjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 02:20
Well then I guess a "thank you" is in order here isn't it...?

People posting here need help... I'm not sure you know what that means...

Ya', so some stuff is in the "manual", so what...?

If you don't have any helpfully advice, then DO NOT give any...

Wow...

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 02:24
i thought you were leaving?

and i did have helpful advice, and i gave it to you...
Quote: "
PLEASE READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

see?

yes they do need help...but they can get it a lot easier if they read the manual...

the first thing they do is come in here asking dumb questions when they havent even looked at the manual...

Quote: "Ya', so some stuff is in the "manual", so what...?"

so what? SO READ IT!

ironjohn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 02:44
BULLSHOCK 2:

Ya', see I am a teacher, in Graphics Arts.

You, have a lot of good and advanced knowledge, but you do not understand instructing others that may or may not learn the way you do...

I am leaving, but you my friend, need to exercise some understanding in the people around that what to learn, but do not have your aptitude or diligents to do the things you believe "necessary" to fully understand the topic at hand.

Please, slow down...
Do not get angry at the very people that would, very much, like to learn from you.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 06:49
well, he's got a point there. telling some one to read the manual does not help.it makes tghem hate you, andlecture you, and it starts a war. im with Iron John on this 1

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, CONKER!!!
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 07:08
The forum is THE place to ask. For the ones that have greater understanding and learning capabilities, the gift is to share, not to blame others ignorance or lack of perception.
Precisely that is why the forum exists.
The best thing to do if you don't want to help on somebodies queries is to remain silent. This place is to help and be helped, not to receive or give those "noob slaps" for not knowing something. Even the most skilled reader miss something sometimes.
I also teached at college as professor of electronics circuit design and robotics for five years. In my experience, with good motivation and positive attitude everyone learns even the most complex concepts. So please, if not in the mood for teaching, just relax and turn off the PC. Everyone is welcome to help and be helped.

May the 3d force B with U
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 10:37
i understand all of your points...

it would be one thing if i just yelled at him and told him to read the manual.

its another thing when i give him specific page reference.

i helped him out...because he posted on the forums...because the forums are for helping.

BUT...something that is so plainly in sight should not have to be answered here. it should be for the more complex problems. and the fact that the mods kindof "ignore" the FPSC forums and never stiky any thing really annoys me.

and i know i get rude when i get frustrated...but tell me, would you rather have rude help? or no help at all?

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 12:06
im really getting tired of peoples attitude in this forum. wheres the admin? theres to many people in this forum that acts like theyre running the place. alot of these people need help why not give it to them instead of yelling or being a smartass. every time someone asks a question BULLSHOCK 2 has something smart to say , or think he knows it all.let me give u a clue smartguy you dont know didley so back off these guys and let them learn. so what if they didnt read or missed something in the manual this forum was made for questions & anwsers. if you dont want to anwser questions then just dont say anything.if this forum frustrates you then dont come in here. remember no matter what anything you ever did you was a noob when you started.

If you dont have what it takes to create "Spend Alot Of Money"
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 18:54
Am glad to see that Bullshock has catched the idea. Share positive thoughts, and they will be gladly received. An angry presented help is hard to discern.
I suggest that we spend less time trying to settle issues than resolving things.

Conjured:
Thanks for the correction. You noted well. My native language is spanish, and all levels of education here at Guatemala are mostly spanish, of course. Although much of our training (since elementary) involves foreign languages, some irregular verb forms just do not pop out automatically in my mind.
As for anyone believing... not to worry. Am very proud I was actively in the staff of one of the most prestigious universities(and one of the most technologically advanced) in America. Am still on the backup staff. My comment on teaching was only to backup ironjohn comments on mentoring concepts.
But you are right. In the future, I will be more careful on spelling. My mother would say "Que vergüenza hijo!"("shame on you, son!").

By the way, (not an excuse) I have noted also that almost nobody here take care of punctuation, typing, spelling, paragraph composition. In spanish is harder. We have diacritical symbols for accents. Perhaps some day it improves.

May the 3d force B with U
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 18:54 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2005 19:07
hitman...

when it comes to FPSC, whether you want to beleive it or not...i am slightly more experianced than you.

and yes i was a noob at one time. we all were. but i DID read the manual.

I dont mean to act like a God...im not...there are still plenty of things i dont know about FPSC...and plenty of people i look up to on this forum.

Quote: " so what if they didnt read or missed something in the manual this forum was made for questions & anwsers"

but the manual was made so that individuals didnt have those questions. and besides, ive said this already, but how do you miss something that is on table of contents?

Quote: "well, he's got a point there. telling some one to read the manual does not help.it makes tghem hate you, andlecture you, and it starts a war. im with Iron John on this 1"

i took the time to look it up...the specific page number. what else was there for me to do...copy and paste the manual page here?

the only reason i can see someone getting so pissed about someone else reffering to page numbers in the manual is if they dont have the manual. you have the manual right?

[edit]
hitman...i always have something smart to say?

look what you did...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=63040&b=24

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 19:55
I make some prefabs.
See: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=60425&b=25

I have more, but I not Upload.
The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 01:31
@BULLSHOCK 2. hey when did we ever meet. you act like you know me or something. so i have a question? how do you know what i know ? and how do you know if you have more experience in fpsc than me. oh it must be because ive asked questions. and that i dont have all the anwsers like yourself. or it could be that i try and help people that dont understand some things. to break it down for ya ,you dont know me and you dont know what i know about fpsc. so dont sit here and act like you do know. dude your making yourself look stupid and these guys arent going to listen to your lame responses.if you know so much then try helping some of these guys instead of your negative remarks. If you was a leader you would have no country

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 02:03
@BULLSHOCK 2 "look what you did..." lol you couldnt even give an anwser lmfao and u was wrong on the way u was going.

did you want a technical explaination of why...like

"well, technically, the polygon to polygon ratio of the common directx model is quit different because..

WRONG WRONG WRONG when you find the "REAL ANWSER" HOW ABOUT POSTING IT

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 04:41
i did retard...

you didnt look.

i know i have more experiance than you by the way you act and the questions that you ask. and even if im wrong in that aspect...i still have WAY more forum experiance than you...

Quote: "
if you know so much then try helping some of these guys instead of your negative remarks"

who have i NOT helped? who have you helped?...better question...who have you yelled at.

Quote: "If you was a leader you would have no country "

wtf does that mean?

forget this dude. your obviously very immature, and im not going to keep posting about how i did give an answer. i can help people how i want. if they dont like my help, then they dont have to take it. and i dont need people like you always complaining about the way i help people.

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 08:40
@ BULLSHOCK 2 goback to reading the manual thats all you really know.

The Hitman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 10:08 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2005 10:14
see bullshock 2 ,Conjured Entertainment figured it out why couldnt you? lol

good job conjured.

"But, don't you believe it.
There's always a mob of idiots willing to follow anyone"

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 20:06
Quote: " i can help people how i want. if they dont like my help, then they dont have to take it. and i dont need people like you always complaining about the way i help people."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:31:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:31:42