Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Find velocity of an object using ODE physics.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 01:07
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out the best (fastest and least resource using) method to find the velocity of an object being controlled by the ODE physics engine without a collision.

Also on a side note, is there a way to translate an object (teleport it) without destroying it's ODE control and recreating it? (Essentially this will store all the previous physics being used, like rolling, and current velocity, etc, but changing the objects relative position in the universe).

To explain what I'm trying to do is this. A 2D world with 3D graphics (so the Z is being neglected and the camera never moves). When an object scrolls off the screen, I need it to teleport to the other side of the screen but still moving in a continuous path.

Much regards,
The Scorpion
http://thefive.servegame.com/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:28:43