Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / appear no gravity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If you make a flying entity and use appearnogravity, then for some reason there\\\'s no level collision. It just flies through walls. Am I doing something wrong? Anybody know why nogravity means no level collision? Is there some other way to fake no gravity or get level collision anyhow?
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep I tried different things and as soon as you say "nogravity" as an action in a script you also turn off level collision.

This seems to be a bug in the program and really doesn't allow for floating entities of any kind to behave properly. I can try to fake floating I guess.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 15:14
how i did it, is i copyed a vertex of my model, and i put it down below the model, about the distance that i wanted it to be off the ground. apply gravity, but the charecter thinks it is on the ground even though its one vertex that no one can see is down on the ground alone.

Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I thought of that too. It just bugs me that collision turns off with gravity.

I got around it by making the creature stop when it can't see you.

Since it only wants to move toward you when it moves then it won't go through walls. That way I can take advantage of the cool hover function. I might still do it the other way, but then it will fall into holes.

I have another question:

I make it follow you up like when you go up stairs using the plrishigher function. But I can't seem to find a plrislower so how to make it fly back down to your level. I'm just trying to make it stay sorta on your level.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2005 19:16
from what i understand...if you give plrhigher=x a negative number, it should work like that. but there should be a plr lower command in riker 9.

holes...i didnt think of that

Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe I could use the raycast command to see how high the entity is off the ground? I've never been able to get raycast to do anything.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:01:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:01:55