Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Really need help from a mediocre noob

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 23:31
Hello 2 all,

Lets get straight to the point. Okay, basically, I've done this before, but I dont know how I did it, never did. Im changing the default textures of the 'officer' character in the wwII section and the new texture DOES show up in the editor on the model, but when I do a test on the game, the texture isn't used. I tried to use a *.tga AND *.dds file, but the dammed thing wont work. I've done this before in an act of mystery, but I dont know how I did it. Perhaps, I saved it ( the tga file ) wrong or something. Somebody please help me, Im getting raped by this FPSC.

Secondly, is it possible to create a level in 3DSMax, convert it to *.x, then use the level as an entity in 3DsMax fully textured???

-Thanks

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2005 23:55
COME ON, dammit, there's been 4 views in the past 5 minutes this post has been up here. Dont even tell me know one can spare a few minutes to help me out.

You are talking to THE dude, I am the dude. T.H.E. dude, there's no other dude like me. The dude is a way of life, you just dont understand.
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 03:06
Hahaha, thanks for the help everybody, I guess Im too much of a minority. I figured it out, because Im the real genius.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 16:31
TheDude,

Greetings. Sorry to hear that FPSC is "raping" you. That must hurt! (LOL)

Seriously, after you update a texture, make sure that the .fpe for the entity is updated and points to the texture file. Delete the entity's .bin file as well (this will be recreated upon using the entity again).

FPSC uses single texture maps, so if your .3ds level is textured with multiple single textures you'll have a problem.

I hope this helps you in your endeavors.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
wdc studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 19:04
thats good to know this might help me with my problems altering weapons

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:52:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:52:50