Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / .FPE model converter? PLease Merranvo or someone else that knows how to script programs.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 04:54
Hey, would someone be interested in making an application that would allow you to load an .X model, then make an .FPE file with just a click, then export both files to the folders needed? It might also be nice to have a "Batch" option, so you could convert more than onemodel at the same time. And it would be helpfu if you could take pictures of ech model for a thumbnail image. Thanks for listening

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 16:51 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 16:59
Sunflash,

Greetings.

Quote: "Hey, would someone be interested in making an application that would allow you to load an .X model, then make an .FPE file with just a click, then export both files to the folders needed?"

It ain't gonna happen. Too many variables to consider for each .x file, .fpe script, and folder combination. It'd be a nice thing to have, but some things just need to be done by hand to get results that would be acceptable. Imagine every new entity in your game being the same.

I suppose you could break down generic .fpe scripts that you like into generic categories and create a basic template for each. You could open the appropriate template for the type of entity that you are dealing with, and use "Search/Replace" to quickly make multiple file name changes within the .fpe. This might help to speed up the process a little.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:45:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:45:10