Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Decal Appear from Trigger Zone?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 23:45
I am trying to setup a Trigger Zone to do the following:

Trigger a fire decal and crackling sound at a fireplace when the player enters the zone, and remove both decal/sound when the player leaves the zone, and not have it repeat if entered again.

How do I accomplish this? Would it be better to use a proximity script on the fireplace with the decal and sound?

Thanks for any help

It's easy not to get lost when you have no idea where you are going
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 06:21
There are perhaps others here that are more qualified to answer this than I but as no one has then I would from personal experience suggest that using an invisible entity as a switch (trigger) to activate your fire with proximity script should work fine. Using the "destroy" command attached to proximity where appropriate would remove your fire and should also kill any attached sound.

Effectively the result would be the same as using a zone trigger though I have less experience with zones so cant advise further in that instance.

Hope that helps a little.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:02:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:02:44