Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Hi im new!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 15:26
Im new in dark basic proigramming. Im not new in programming i have exsperienc in blitz basic (2D and 3D), Game Maker and a little in c++ (not much). But back to the point. Im currently waiting for The 3D Game Maker and want yo know how The 3D Game Maker is. If you have this, can you tell me how the design and other things that is witin this programm?

And hey my company site is www.tcwcoprod.cjb.net
Dreaming Tree Games
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 22:29
3d gamemaker is linear drag and drop total crap program with no programming involved. You drag in a level, drag in enemies, drag in the weapon, and play it. fun fun fun. you got sucked into a terrible marketing scam.

and except for the billions of popups, the iffy color scheme, the broken links, the (plagerized?) tutorials, and the utter lack of content, your website isnt too shabby

Darken the skies, we are God.
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 14:53
Tanx for the info!

But im not shure to buy dark basic or dark basic pro?

Caus! Iv'e tried an dark basic version, the screen was in 640,480 with a boring design! The background color was in black! Boring.

How does dark basic pro (design and more)?

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 14:58
http://www.darkbasicpro.com/

Judge for yourself.

About DBClassic's design though,I don't know anyone who DOES use the built-in editor(except for Pincho)...Everyone else is using Guy Savoie's DarkEdit(winbased)

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 15:01
I use the built-in editor, always have done Thousands and thousands of lines of code done with it. I just always liked it.

Mind you, I prefer DBPro

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 15:08
Well,someone has to support it lol!

Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 15:13
Hey, what map program can you use in DB?
Can you use Maplet in DB?

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 15:15
I don't know what Maplet is(ignorant I) but I know there's thread about that on the RGT FAQ...

http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=12368

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 15:16
oh...It uses Quark and Zoner's free compiling tools.

klukk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 18:25
@Siege Delux

I was looking at your homepage and all I can say is, what kind of an immature retard are you?

Ok, first the look of the page is crap, and it's obvious that you don't know much about programming and therefore you make some absurd claims like (taken from the 'How to make a Program Page') "Coding is easy, you will need a program to code. Not always for an exsampel Html" Ok, HTML is NOT a programming language, it's a markup language. There's a big difference.

But all of this can be forgiven and just blamed on bad taste and ignorance, but what really takes the stone is this code that you post as an example of a blitz basic program:

Now, what kind of a unresponsible jerk are you to post this on a web page? What if some beginner in blitz searched on google for some blitz examples, tried that code and, promptly, ruined his windows installation. I mean, your comments about pirating software were, well, naive and childish, but this is just incredibly stupid!!

There, feel alot better now...............

- If nothing sticks to teflon, then how do they make teflon stick to the pan???
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 22:31
Hey Klukk,

Trying to say this as kind as I can, oh screw it-

SHUT UP.

what kind of an immature retard are you

This is EXTREMELY touchy. Do NOT make fun of people who have brain difficulties. This is a VERY rude comment to make.

Ok, first the look of the page is crap, and it's obvious that you don't know much about programming

Hey, so what if his website isnt that good. Im sure he worked hard on it. He may just be a beginner. I would like to see some of your work before you make these kinds of comments.

You are being RUDE and IMMATURE on these forums. You have been really getting on my nerves lately. I hope Rich sees your post and warns you as well because these kinds of words will NOT be tolerated, at least by me.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
BackBONE
Years of Service
User Offline
In my oppinien there are some true words by both of you(RPGAMER & klukk)
Beginner or Not:
Why the hell put such a code on the web camoflaged as a game?
klukk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 03:35
@RPGamer: First off, chill man. Maybe it didn't come across well, but my nitpickings were not in the way of the web design or the "programming guide", those two did not warrant for what I said. The real problems was the blitz basic code he published on his website (you did read my post, code and all???). Reading that code simply, well, made me mad, I mean, who would publish code like that on a web page but a...well see my post above. Somebody who posts code like that has either a really immature sense of humour, or is really trying to do harm to blitz programming beginners, either way, it's not something that should be condoned.

And how, might I ask, have I been getting on your nerves lately? I think this is the first time I've used cuss words, please correct me if I'm wrong. The only time that could maybe be interpreted me as being rude was the other "Hi, I'm new" post, and I've already apologized for that (a bit of a misunderstanding on my part there)

To Summarize: The web page layour or the programming guide was not the reason for my name calling, it was the blitz code.

Want to see some of my work? You want code or web design?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 07:43
DarkBasic you can use the Native IDE, or you can use the DarkEdit IDE or the CodeKeeper IDE (i'm not sure of the last ones url) for developing within DarkBasic Standard/Enhanced

DarkBasic Professional has an updated version of DarkEdit to accomidate for the new features of Professional, it is quite nice to use ... however there are others in the works if you don't like it.

And althought the guys webpage looks like one of those fansites - that is no reason to jump all over him the way you have.

Quite frankly i don't care how he codes blitz, it is no business of yours klukk... neither should it be discussed and corrected with a DARK BASIC forum.
You've been getting on my nerves a bit recently, but then again a few of you have by just outrightly flaming the newbies in such a way.

personally i don't care what he does on his website... because that is what it is... HIS WEBSITE - not yours, and anyone by looking at the style can quite immediately know that it certianly isn't a place where you would want to get information about anything - but then again he has posted the link on a DarkBasic Site, not a Blitz site.

If he was posting this in the Blitz Forum saying its a new tutorial for everyone, perhaps i'd agree that he would need attention - but let the Blitz users sort that out, as it is NO OUR TERITORY!

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 09:53
"Quite frankly i don't care how he codes blitz, it is no business of yours klukk... neither should it be discussed and corrected with a DARK BASIC forum."

Actually I'm going to side with klukk slightly here. I don't agree with the "retard" comment, that was somewhat insensitive. But his comments about the source code are totally justified. RPG/Raven - have you even bothered to look at it?? This isn't a case of "bad programming", it's a case of blatant system destruction if you so much as run the code - it will cause serious damage to your operating system - and on purpose! This, quite frankly, deserves the loathing it gets and I for one support klukk in this matter, blitz or not.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 11:41
not being funny, but anyone who can't tell that it is destructive shouldn't really be programming in the first place - i mean most people i know who are just starting out learning to program are weary about deleting folders.

Let alone those which have WINDOWS on them ... so anyone who runs it without looking at what it does, shouldn't really get any sympathy.

That aside, it is a problem for the Blitzers to sort out - not us - if this was a program sent to people sure, but its not - the full code is there... you can see exactly what is happening.

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
klukk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 13:02
Ok, agreed, the "retard" comment was a little bit out of line, it was written right after reading that blitz code (and seeing the Destructiv programs section on the website did not improve my temper).

@Raven: There are alot of people that want to make games that know nothing about their computers. Products like Blitz and DB attract that crowd 'cause of their claims for fast game writing. These people don't necesserily read the code they find in google before trying it out, or if they do, then there's some chance that they won't figure out the destructive nature of the code. And imho it's a bit 'holier-than-thou' your comment that "anyone who can't tell that it is destructive shouldn't really be programming in the first place". People that want to program games are of varying skill, both in programming proficiency and computer knowledge. I'm certain that every IT techsupportdesk employer would agree with me that it's amazing how some people can be ignorant about their computer

Also, I don't really care how he codes blitz, but that code would warrant a comment on any board, programming or otherwise.

@Siege delux: Ok, sorry about the "retard thing", but please remove that code from your website.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 14:12
I have no clue what that code meant lol. Now that I do, yes I am siding with klukk. Please dude, remove that from your site as some newbie might be like "Oooo code!" pop it in and then well, you know what would happen.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 14:31
i'm still sticking to ... if they're stupid enough to run it then they kinda deserve everything they get.

the site does not in ANY way appear savorie or even easy to navigate
half of it actually plops you to 404's all over the shop... the other half is only just veiwable to a readable degree on my 1260x1024 resolution.

if you don't read something before you use it then i have no sympathy ... its like not reading a loan contract to find out about the repayments, only to skip one and find yourself homeless cause the contracts says they own it if you stop repayments.

these people are the same who don't read ANY of the help files, open the manual or anything prior to using the product and expect to be able to use it straight off.

it quite CLEARLY says delete several times, and for anyone with even an ounce of common sense this generally means DO NOT RUN until you understand what its doing!

however that said... WinME/2000/XP all protect all system dependant files (try to delete the system32 directory manually you'll see what i mean)

if he wanted to really do somedamage he sould've rewritten it so that it rewrote the first byte of everything in these directories - that would TRUELY screw up the system.

but still... how stupid would someone have to be to not only trust this site, but then copy the code and running it without reading it first without ANY descriptions of what it actually does!??!?!

SERIOUSLY!?!? and to be honest i don't think anyone will actually read what you've written tucked away here and think "Hmm... well you saved me."

somedays i wonder ... are people really becoming so dense that we have to protect them from themselves now??

klukk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 15:55
@Raven: You know what they say...I you make something invent something that's idiot-proof, then mother nature will promptly invent a better idiot

Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 18:03
Hello, i have read the posts. And i got a bit "ANGRY" it is not i that should worry my self about destroying others pc's. It is the person that should think and then download the application, and then destroy "HIS" computer or others computers.

Any you who sed that i was a dumbass and a noob in coding, that is not right. I have made a lot of web pages than you ever have made.

But enyway, i will take the Destructiv topic off my page. Pleas don't blame me for this, im not a bad person.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 19:41
Just my 2 cent (2 weeks late at that), but I never trust anyone who sayes "I'm not a bad person".

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 19:59
The delay was: TO MUCH WORK AT SCHOOL.
If im going to be a chef, i need good grades.

And a another thing. im not connected online at 24 hours a day.

PS: "Im a geek, wit chef exsperienc"

Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody should judge anybody, heck, i'll probably be judged for saying this. Oh well.

Anyways, I think earlier in this topic you said something about the DarkBasic design was and crappy. If that was the EDITOR, then yes. It is. But in DarkBasic Pro, the editor is much more advanced and looks like a normal (or is it?) Windows Application.

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.
Siege Delux
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2003 20:50
Yes you are right. I have bought Dark Basic Pro and it is the best.

ProudNoob
Years of Service
User Offline
what really sucks is that i bought 3dgm and i was totally disapointed there goes $40-$50 gone, i cant even remember the title. i was really looking forward to something

@siege: by the way, im a total noob, but i know and try to post less and read/learn more. also tutorials are helpful.

Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed? Because pink racoons can't go faster than 83 miles-per-second.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 10:45
Whoa!
Don't mean to insult but my little sister coulda seen that coming... She's just getting into this now at 10yrs.
Delete file!!! AMSMPL!
Maybe there's a lesson in that if you bother to run code in your head first you'll understand it better whether destructive or not
Don't worry siege I got the 'joke' but the other's are right some jokes no matter how funny are in poor taste and will offend some peeps if you tell 'em in public. They're the kind of jokes you share only with people you KNOW will understand

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 10:47
I like the inbuilt editor too, make's me feel at home...

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 22:10:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 22:10:34