Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Swat character work in progress!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all I'm new to the FPS creator but I'm loving it already!. I am currently working on a SWAT character modified from the Tommy model. When the model is finished I will release it free on my new website or hear i'll keep you posted.

I am also looking to join a talented team as a modeler to release character and model packs if you need an artist with industry experience please reply

3D Artist.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 18:57
will they be animated?

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

MAKO
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I am going to use the existing bip file downloaded from this site modifying it to be a bit more shall we say SWAT like. This is my first model for FPS creator so I'm getting to grips with how it all works. It shouldn't take long but if anyone has a tutorial on exporting animated models i.e characters that would be great!. I'll figure it out soon though..........I hope

3D Artist.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 21:37
cant wait.

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 22:05 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2005 22:06
I can do it for you when I get a new graphics card (I think, if the old one is whats stopping me from useing FPSC).

You should think about adding some extra animations, people will go wild for those! Add a surrender, and maybe a couple different dying animations, that would be awesome!

EDIT: Where did yo uget the texture for the model?

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

MAKO
Years of Service
User Offline
I got the initial texture from the directory from:

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\entitybank\ww2\characters\tommy_1_D2.dds

I opened the DDs in a photo editing program and painted over the top useing the base texture as a guide. When I modified the model i.e added all the extra pouches and changed the helmet I had to adjust the UVs a bit to accomodate this. Adding extra anims maybe a bit dangerous as this may cause problems but I will adjust the existing ones. As this is a test models I don't want to change to much as this may create more problems. When I get it working in game then I'll experiment with more anims etc.

3D Artist.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 22:55
Didn't that other guy do something like this??

Your mod has been erased by a signature.
Cliff 3degs network
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 22:56
could you maybe do an german ww2 luger pistol mesh that is uv mapped with yust an basic skin?
it was so long since i modelled more advanced models.
i yust nead the above so will i do the final skin and animating it and implenting it in to fpsc.

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ AGP8X 1GB RAM 1MB CACHE.ATI RADEON 9800PRO 128MB AGP8X.
Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 23:21
MAKO - nice job

I do textuers really good.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
I love it!

Your mod has been erased by a signature.
MAKO
Years of Service
User Offline
Right I have finished the swat model now and have attempted putting into FPS using Devil dogs great Tutorial and the Panda exporter. It appears as an entitity and I can place it in my level but when it builds it crashes on (302 creating entity instances) any idears??. If someone has succesfully exported characters from max this way I would appreciate any advice or I can mail the files for someone to try to see if they can get the swat guy working. As soon as he works i'll distribute him free

Cheers.

3D Artist.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 18:00
Yea, wow it really looks nice! But why are We shooting at the police?

Trust everyone...
Feeg
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought of a way to make an ally in fpsc but need a little help from a programmer

for an ally you need the script to make it follow the player, or not go outside a certain distance from \"Entity_name\" and on spotting \"Diff_Entity_name\" calls \"shoot\"

The \"shoot\" fpi would need to make the charactershoot the \"Diff_entity_name\" but could include such things as finding cover and staying a constant distance away from grenades.

The theroy\'s sound but i just can\'t make the script work, i can make it follow the player but that\'s all.

I would reallt apperciate the help and i\'m sure loads of people would benifit from it, I will give credit to anyone who does it.
MAKO
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that script sounds great and would work great for this model Feeg. I need to get the bad boy in game first though. If someone wants the model with animation .x file and the tga they can try it, for me it keeps crashing my Fps editor. I can select it as an entity and place him on the level but when it builds or a do a preview it crashes as I said above. If someone would like to try the model tell me what files you need i'll zip them up and send them to ya.
Thanks all.

3D Artist.
Bosco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 08:55
@MAKO:
B-E-A-utiful!

I've got a one person team you can join up with!
AlienGlow Software

email me if you are interested...thematrixhasyou_kevin@hotmail.com

Go to:--------> http://www.agsoftware.cjb.net
Rockdrala
Years of Service
User Offline
Sunflash get your vode card off ebay.. I just paid 75 dollars for a 300 dollar 256mb ati radeon 9550... talk about a sweet deal... but be sure the guy your buying from has a lot of positive feedback and doenst rip people off!

Those who fly low hurt least when they fall...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 20:02:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 20:02:50