Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 22:01
is ity possible to make a mirror
i know the player isnt really there, justa camera, but could you have it so when you walked up to it, you trigger a movie on the mirror, that would go off when you got far away, and ... no that wouldt work, casue it wouldnt know youre moves.... any one know how?

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 22:28
I'm no FPSC veteran, but I don't think what you're asking for is possible. In order for it to work, you'd need the player to be substansial instead of a floating camera--and if my observations are correct, FPSC can't do "real-time cutscenes" to make the model inside the mirror (or the movie, which would have to be static as movies go...) move along with the player, I don't see any way to do it.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 23:43
ok, i was going to have a mirror maze

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 00:54
if it can see the plr then show the plr...

kinda 16 bit games though

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 13:43 Edited at: 4th Nov 2005 13:44
Movies cant be played on world objects either as far as I am aware though you could use the story zone I guess to break into the game and display a mirror effect...come to think of it I guess you could do that anyway and fake a mirror image if you made up a scene showing player (a character in the level location as required) and record as movie - then when you get to the part in your level where you require the mirror effect to take place - call the movie in story zone....could work quite effectively and be a reasonably effective solution currently I would think.

If you dont use that method theres no other way at present to fake a miirror in FPSC. I have seen people using other engines actually build 2 versions of a level and place one below the other upside down to fake a mirrored level - but would not suggest doing that for mirrored levels - though it could work effectively with say some transparent divider between the two areas - Glass floor for example.

Trickery thinking

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 21:56
hmm
Mirror O' Mirror on the wall....

As I was saying earlyer.

:plrcanbeseen:alttexture=1
:plrcannotbeseen:alttexture=0

you can also AIM the mirrors so that you can create the illusion of refection

:plrcanbeseen:setalphafade=100
:plrcannotbeseen:setalphafade=0

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 21:59
All hail the realese of the source code!!

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:36:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:36:24