Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / A Big round of applause to the DBP team

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 03:25
The professionalism and support from the DB team is unparalleled. Although DBP has some teething problems, it is without doubt a programming language that will establish itself as the most powerful and accessible language ever created.

I first cut my teeth on DB 1.2 and watched how the team supported and listened to every comment and suggestion. They upgraded and upgraded, each time improving, refining and fixing the bugs and including the commands we wanted. I purchased the full version of DB almost 2 years ago and can honestly say that I have never in my 22 years of computing enjoyed a single piece of software so much and had such vast value for my money.

Although I was never a regular poster on the forums I did make a few games (3D Solitaire to name but one), but I never really shouted about them that much, instead I quietly followed these and all the other user forums religiously, but in the shadows.

Now that DBP is out, I like everyone else couldn't wait to get my hands on it. At first I thought the trial version was far too buggy (mainly because none of my DB programs would work in it), and secondly it didn't seem to do what I wanted it to do as easily as before, but after using the editor/debugger for one evening I was sold. I ordered my upgrade!

Needless to say that it may be some time before we have everything working the way we want it, but the power and speed of DBP, the extended functionality and lower level access is amazing, and we all know that the DBP team will endeavor to grow this language and support it like they always have.

Dark Basic didn't just make a language, they made a language that is teaching thousands of us to become programmers, game designers and artists, and it is with our support that they make this possible. SO hats off to them for struggling through and bringing DBP to us all - I know my $70 is well spent.

So let’s show the team our overwhelming support by marking this thread with as many “THANK YOU” messages as possible. If we show the team our support, they will support us with their goodies.

AsylumHunter
still falling out of my binary tree most evenings (hicup!)
Essex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 03:50
Seconded...

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 05:49
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers DBS Team
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no website at moment
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 06:11
thirded... or seconded again... or...
I agree!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Rpg Cyco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 06:23
Yeah, well said

l8ter

Rpg Cyco

http://www.rpgcyco.com - My Website & Forums
Specs: PIII - 866MHz, 128MB SDRAM, 8MB SiS 630, 17inch monitor, 18.6GB HDD 5400rpm, Win ME, DX8.1b, 56k Modem
The One Ring
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 06:44
Rock on!
Milamber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 08:37
Agreed. Just fix those rotation problems and I'll be REALLY happy

System Specs: AMD Athlon 1700+ XP, GA-7VRX motherboard, 128MB DDR RAM, GeForce2 MX400 64MB VRAM
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 09:48
I could not agree more,and
it's a British based product(just flying the flag).

JimB

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 11:24
A lot more that rotational commands that need fixing...

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 12:02
DB#1 is now very stable and works good.
In DBPro they had to make everything again from the blank table still including all exist features that are in DB#1.

I believe all it requires is TIME! and I am ready to wait till it is as stable as DB#1.

DBPro is a great product!!

Thankyou to DBS.

The evil plan is now even closer!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Specs:- P3 550 Nvidia TNT2M64, 192Mb RAM
Incandescant
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 13:52
Thanks

(just need a manual now)

System: Athlon TBird 800Mhz, 320MB RAM, GeForce 2MX440, DX8.1
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 13:59
DBPro is for DB What AMosPro was for Amos
DBTeam , you're the best !
long life to DBPro !
GamzMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 14:56
I've been a member ever since 1.6 was first released, I had faith in the DB team then and I still do!!!

Thank you DBS

The smart one is always the quiet one
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 15:29
Cool standing ovation thread
Nice for the guys to know if they ever are wonderin' about the point in bothering with all the moans a such - that we all appreiciate thier hard work and long hours (those who've worked as pro coders and artists especially)

if anyone has noticed only Blitz and DarkBASIC have not only jumped machines during their lifetime but also survived for going on 15years as languages

For me DBpro is everything that I was waiting for, and everything that was promised.
I feel that as DBpro develops we will see great strides in speed, effects and ablities added...

However there is something nice about knowing that it is a home grown product ... perhaps though the best justification and thanks we could all give the team is making a game or application that they can go into Game and see sitting there on the shelf.

[b] New interactive driving system... i like my new blue and black steering wheel [b]
exLRT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 15:43
I also agree...go on like this guys!!!

Ulric
ASUS A7M266 - AMD Athlon 1.4GHz - 512MB DDR266 - CreativeLabs GeForce4 Ti4600 - Windows XP Pro SP1
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 15:45
Aye, when this baby's ±100% stable, its gonna kick ass. ATM it mildly annoys me (bugs), but still GOOD WORK DB Guys!

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Pro
Reece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 16:54
I havent had soo much fun programming since the days of AMOS. Like bread and paperclips, I think you're on to something big!

Lets just hope users out there will use their imagination to fully harness this SUPERB tool!

Because they just haven't yet...
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Its a great product, but its also a wonderful community (the responses on this thread show that).
There is nowhere else I am so sure of a helpful, friendly, response to a question, or so happy to give help to another (here and on the original DB forums).
Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh and I think DB to DBPro is a much better upgrade than AMOS to AMOSPro, given that I bought AMOSPro in good faith only to find out I still had to pay extra for a compiler (how can it be called professional if you cannot build a stand alone product? )

.... Sorry about that, you`d have though I`d have gotten over that by now.
cosmos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 17:33
I agree with everyone else here. A BIG WELL DONE to the DB Team. Your product has bought endless enjoyment & fascination back to the PC. As someone mentioned earlier ... it's like having AMOS on the PC. I have also followed DB since the beginnings and intend to carry on doing so. I'm more than willing to wait for the bugs to be fixed ... everything has teething problems. I will shout the name Dark Basic to whoever will listen (and who won't listen for that matter). Keep up the good work DB Team, I appreciate your efforts immensely and I am sure that everyone else here does as well.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 19:09
Might be worth seeing my 'Why Patch #2 must work' on the other forums.

Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 20:22
Might be worth seeing my 'Why Patch #2 must work' on the other forums

link?

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Pro
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 20:36
http://www.realgametools.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=7968

NTekk
Years of Service
User Offline
GGreat job!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:35:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:35:23