Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Door script

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 09:37 Edited at: 6th Nov 2005 10:33
This may sound a bit weird but can anyone tell me how i might make a door script where you have to "USE" it to open but it closes by itself once you walk through it because i figure that i don't want all doors to be automatic but then i don't wanna have to keep closing them manually behind myself because (correct me if i'm wrong) if you leave the doors open it will show all the polygons in the next room and lower frame rate a bit?

Problem solved i have managed to do it, just took me alot of examining the code stucture but i have acieved my goal, sorry to have wated forum space... but i'd be happy to post it if anyone wants it but i'd guess you're all much smarter than me and would have achieved it AGES ago lol

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 18:12
Personally, I like my way of putting up a switch, and have the door autoclose if you are ample distance away.... the switch is only on 1 side so...

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 19:52
fair play.... it was just a thought... i was kinda proud of myself considering i had no idea how the scripting works and i figured it out myself... *pop* there goes my bubble

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been trying to get to work for some time. Can I have that script?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. We're all noobies at something. Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2006 02:14
That would mean unziping some stuff to find it... Besides, it won't work. Just open and close a door manually and you will see what I mean. (press tab to see fps).

Also, your problem... let be guess... the door falls though the floor? That will happen if you go past the animation thingy... don't ask me questions... IT BURNS!!!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2006 08:49 Edited at: 28th Feb 2006 08:51
Here's a script that Opens a Door Manually and Closes it Automatically.
I didn't display the opening instructions, but that would be easy enough to add.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:05:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:05:17