Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Complex sound loop

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to put in a game a background music that have to loop, but the problem is that the tune as a beginning, then a looping tune. Don't know if you get what I mean, but let say I would have as a tune "A" (intro) and "B" (the loop), I woul like that it play this way: A,B,B,B,B,B,B,B...

See? But is it possible to do that, like the first part of the tune is complete, it would play the second and loop it always? See the code which is mostly what I want:
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 18:03
NEVER post in the code part, it never works... re-post

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 18:05
:state=0:sound=path,timerstart,state=1
:state=1,timergreater=(sound length ms):loopsound=path,state=2

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
mikahell
Years of Service
User Offline
actually, I've tried the code with (sound length ms), but it does weird things; the second sound loops over itself each 4-5 seconds.
This is the code, which I also started to add a dying tune, but it's not complete.

:state=0,plrwithinzone=1:timerstart,state=1,sound=$0
:state=1,timergreater=(sound length ms):loopsound=$1,state=2
:state=2,plralive=0:state=0,stopsound

For (sound length ms), how do I write it so it match with sound=$0?
Also I would like to know where I could find a list of all the actions and conditions, because I didn't knew (sound length ms).
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2006 16:31 Edited at: 11th Feb 2006 16:31
ok try this man, I know you have not looked at this in awhile but this should work.
for the first loop add a sound marker and have it point to the song file you want played. choose this as the main .fpi (soundinzone.fpi) and then time out how far in the map you get before the loop ends and then place another sound marker with this for the main repeatsound.fpi and have this file point to your second cut. or you could just get ahold of cool edit pro and splice the two together and create one .wav file for the game, I think Sony's Acid can splice as well.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:32:40