Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / One-way doors and enemy-only doors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Is there a way to open a door only if you're on one specific side of the door?

2) Is there a way to open doors only if we are facing it, because I realized that we, and enemies, could open doors with our back!

3) Is there a way to make doors only accessible to a certain entity, like PatrolingGuard1 (example), could open the door for you, or else, you couldn't open it by yourself?

4) Also, how do I make wall segments as entities, so I could add to them some secrets paths?

thanks.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 21:31 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 21:39
1) yes... you can either place a zone on one side and use the script

and place a zone on the side you want opening.

;Artificial Intelligence Script

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecoretextpressentertouse.tga,hudname=usedoorprompt,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=10
:state=10,plrdistwithin=60,activated=1:hudshow=usedoorprompt,hudfadeout=usedoorprompt
:state=10,plrdistwithin=60,plrusingaction=1,activated=1:activate=2
:state=10,activated=2:state=1,setframe=0,sound=$0
:state=1:incframe=0
:state=1,frameatend=0:state=2,coloff
:state=2,plrdistwithin=60,plrusingaction=1:activate=0
:state=2,activated=0:state=3,sound=$1,colon
:state=3:decframe=0
:state=3,frameatstart=0:state=10,setframe=0

2)None that I know of... however, possibly you could turn the hud into an entity and send out activates... but it would be pretty hard... Good sudjested source.

3)You can rig doors to only open via entity, but you can't choose that entity.

:state=0,anywithin=120:state=4
:state=1:incframe=0
:state=1,frameatend=0:state=2,coloff
:state=4,plrdistfurther=120:setframe=0,sound=$0,state=1

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
mikahell
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, now, how do I make wall segments as entities, so I could add to them some secrets paths?

Could someone give me a clue for where to find the whole language possibilities, actions, conditions, because in some forums, I see actions not included in the .pdf file, nor included in FPI maker.
wdc studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 19:17
haven't tried this but I would think making a copy of the segment and putting it into the entites sections you'd be able to set it up as a door, I'm sure you'd need some sort of code to make it open when you want but I'm not all that good with that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:57:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:57:20