Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Request: Modding the existing weapons tute

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 21:25
I have read in many places that the easiest way to create a new weapon is to modify an existing one. I know that hud.x is the file that contains the animations for the weapons that the player holds onscreen. But I cannot figure out how to import them to modify them!

I have the full version of Gamespace and milkshape. Milkshape can see the first frame apparently of the hud.x file, but has no animation data. Gamespace just crashes when I try to load hud.x as an object. I think it is because the animations are in binary compressed format? If so, how to convert?

Can someone who has successfully done this please share some useful tidbits?
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
http://files.filefront.com/gun_tutorialzip/;4190199;;/fileinfo.html

made a gun tutorial a while again showing all the required files needed maybe this will help
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 20:04
After checking out the stick grenade someone posted, I looked through your files in the tutorial and its becoming clearer.

You seem to use the same model for the hud and ingame weapon, but what is the ump.x for?

I completely forgot about 'box modelling'... what a great idea!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:53:26
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:53:26