Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / i need a FREE Hud maker

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 04:01
Since i dont know how cause im a newb i just need some info on how to make a Like splash screen or whatever you call it so people cant take my game and make it there own, and i need to know how to make a credits button.

---------
Dont hate
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 00:45
credits button, i dont think you can do
splash screen, do mean in game, if you do, you make hud wich i dont know how to do, i cant add hud
or fps paCK has a splash screen but i havnt tried, so i dont know what it does

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
For credits, make the credits an AVI and put it as an objective at the end of the game so that when you go there, it plays and you win.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 02:55
how do you make an extra hud?

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 04:04
to make a like watermarker do i just alter the main title backdrop image and put text on it?

---------
Dont hate
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 08:27
Splash screens can be created with any paint program (like good old MS Paint, photoshop, paintshop pro and so on) or vector drawing program (like coreldraw) that allows you to export to jpg or png.

Hud screens with transparency need a paint program or vector drawing program that can export a picture with either 32bit tga or png with tranparency option.

I do create all of my pictures and so on with the tools from Serif. They're very affordable and powerfull. The attached picture of a menu for my latest fpsc project (a Dutch Children's Bible Game) was made with Serif DrawPlus 7.

You can get their tools (some older but good working versions) for FREE here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

There you'll find some very helpfull free tools for FPSC:

* PhotoPlus 6.0 - Photo and Image Editing. Good for creating textures and huds, texts, splash-screens and so on
* DrawPlus 4.0 - Graphic Design and Vector Drawing. Good for working on splash-screens and such
* 3DPlus 2.0 - 3D Animation and Modeling. Excellent for creating 3D text effects for your menu texts

Also there is:
* PagePlus SE - Desktop Publishing
* WebPlus 6.0 - Web Site Design & Publishing

A great free selection of tools

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Bejamin,

What can you tell me about the Bible game you are making? I am trying to come up with an FPS type game for Christian kids as well. Are you using it as a story telling format or perhaps as an action game based on Biblical characters. I was trying to come up with a fun "tag" game maybe as paintball or perhaps a water balloon fight. Something fun yet without the violent aspect of other game themes.

Thanks,

Clark
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 19:07
Quote: "What can you tell me about the Bible game you are making?"

A little, just the concept of it. It's a combination of a story telling format with some puzzle game aspects. Each level tells a story and at the end of the level you need to play a mini game to complete it and go to the next one. There's no shooting involved, only meeting characters who tell the story and solving puzzles/challenges. Once all of the levels have been completed, there's a quiz with 12 questions.

I'm using FPSC to putting the enviroment together, that goes very fast. For the story telling aspect and puzzles I've created a number of scripts. I'm most proud of the quiz level in the game, that one was a challenge to script, but works great.

I've just finished the first pilot game today, it's going to a number of beta testers next week and then the organization it is created for will start marketing the game and looking for channels to bring it into the dutch christian homes. This pilot is supposed to be part of a series of Bible games. If the pilot is succesfull, more releases will follow and the whole project will be translated into english (and other languages hopefully).

I'm sorry I can't be more specific and detailed at the moment that is impossible. Once the game has been released I can share more details of even release a demo (in English), if I'm allowed to.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 00:03
is the life numeric and bun hud and all, are those trnsparet or solid?

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 14:03 Edited at: 18th Nov 2005 14:03
transparent background if you save your images as .png they automaticly turn the background transparent i think an i think it needs to be white. also you edit the games scripts to add new huds ect

Thanks
Adam
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 15:33
Great idea for a game Benjamin, I'm thinking of Christian concepts as well.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 15:47
I've been toying with the idea a long time. A number of years back, I've been involved in a number of commercial games, but never got around creating something for a christian audience. I've stopped creating games a while back, due to a number of reasons, but still had the concept in the back of my mind.

When I did see FPSC recently, it reminded me of the concept and I did see the great potential of FPSC being used in these kinds of projects. While FPSC isn't focussed on more adventure/story telling like games, it is very suitable for it, with some adjustments and the willingness to explore and learn scripting. I'm really hoping that TGC will add more none-fps aspects to FPSC.

Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone! was supposed to be making a hud maker, abit like menu maker...WHERE IS IT?!?!

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 17:12
Ben, if you have specific examples of non-FPS things to put into FPSC, put them in the Feature Creep board. Maybe some of the things are easy targets for ppl who can modify the source.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 22:43
I've already done so (and others have too). All I'm needing at the moment is the use of global and local variables, that would be a great help and that has been asked for numerous times.

It's amazing what FPSC is already capable of handling, especially when one considers the price being asked for it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:07:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:07:33