Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / the secrets of the universe revealed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 16:40
HA fooled ya

heres my question
We have designed a quadraped creature with animations in Milkshape, exported it to x format with Fragmotion, modified the x file a bit and it appears in FPS just fine.

The problem is as soon as it's animation loops once it dissappars off the screen.

We assume we need some type of script to attach to it to keep it in the level so we can put it on a path, etc.

Does anyone know how to write a script to keep it in the level?

do i have to put the animation on a continuouse loop in the FPE or something. (all ideas appreciated)

i only used the sledgehammer to crack the nut because i couldnt find my damn gun
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 21:17
Quote: "HA fooled ya "

No you didn't I was just wondering what you might ask.

And this has already been posted on in the models section... and has recieved a few replys.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 21:47
We live in a world held together by the fine threads of cheeze... not to be confused with CHEESE but cheeze. This cheeze is super strong and very elastic. Those who manage to control it's power become all mighty beings, as Jesus did.

But an enemy emerges from the shadows... an enemy fierce and rapacious. The Squirrels. They are gathering forces, collecting cheeze, and preparing to takeover. I send you to stop them. Prevent Man Kinds destruction... THE SQUIRRELS ARE COMMING!!!!

You are the new Messiah. Humanity awaits.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 22:22
His problem is with the FPE, he isn't declaring the animations correctly, so when he runs a normal script, the animations appear blank.

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 16:04
Conjured, have you checked out Milkshape? The animation via joints is pretty quick to pick up.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 00:44
conjured...you dont need that for anything...

you can just put:

anim1 = number1
anim2 = number2

and in the script call the specific animation...the ones you posted were the ones that the default charecters user...and its not exactly the least confusing thing....

P.S. I AM NOT FLAMING

Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
floorlogic?
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 02:36
what are you asking?

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Who's we?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:50:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:50:17