Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Free tools to create or edit textures, splash screens, huds and even websites and more

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 08:30
I know some people can't afford Photoshop and such to create/edit textures, splash screens, huds, menu's and so on.

I do create all of my pictures and so on with the tools from Serif. They're very affordable and powerfull, I've bought almost all of their latest versions.

BUT, you can get their tools (some older but good working versions) for FREE here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

There you'll find some very helpfull free tools for FPSC:

* PhotoPlus 6.0 - Photo and Image Editing. Good for creating textures and huds, texts, splash-screens and so on
* DrawPlus 4.0 - Graphic Design and Vector Drawing. Good for working on splash-screens and such
* 3DPlus 2.0 - 3D Animation and Modeling. Excellent for creating 3D text effects for your menu texts

Also there is:
* PagePlus SE - Desktop Publishing
* WebPlus 6.0 - Web Site Design & Publishing

A great free selection of tools

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 13:19 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 14:14
Did the company that makes these programs actually release them as such? Or are these user-submitted "Abandonware"? I ask because the topic of Abandonware is a very gray area, and I'd rather not dance with legal issues.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 15:53
Yes, the company that did create them released these, it's not abandonware. By doing this they hope you do like it so much, that you'll buy the newest version. That's how I got started with them, fisrt I used their free ones for a while and when I was in need of newer version I did buy the newest versions.

I really like Serif's applications. Very affordable, yet full of features that the others charge you $$$ for.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 16:38 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 16:39
OK, exactly what I wanted to know. When I get home from class, I'll download these and check it out.

Thanks for the link!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:23:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:23:24