Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 21:56 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 23:47
This is one of the models I am working on currently (and a Frag Grenade). It's not done yet, still have some tweaking to do, as well as creating a better skin. I'm thinking about doing the same model with a laser attached under the barrel as well.

-Keith

Sorry about the picture size....have to work on that.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 22:11 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 23:51
Here's another shot (smaller this time).

-Keith

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 00:38
Is there any particular type of weapon that anyone wanted to get their hands on? The handgun and a few other items will be free when they are done, I just want to make sure they work in FPSC first.

Besides the grenade (standard fragmentation skin), I'm thinking of doing one more weapon such as a rifle, machine gun, etc.

-Keith
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 12:13
Keith,

Thats some very nice work! Looking forward to more.

Mark

Surfin' The Apocalypse
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 13:18
Thanks
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Keith

First, that is looking good. The trigger protection could be slightly rounder and with the lower part paralel to upper part of the weapon. Just a cosmetic opinion though.

Good work and keep it up.

V
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 17:11
Thanks for all the comments everyone, they really help.

@Conjured-I have no problem making some of those melee weapons with a generic skin for each. Animations are not something I can do right now (still learning that), but when I figure it out, it will become part of the package.

The .45 took me about an hour and a half to model and skin. I plan on doing a bit more tweaking on it, as well as a much better skin. I will most likely make a version (as I said) with a laser mounted under the barrel as well. The frag grenade was completed, but I am not satisfied with it, so I am doing it over. When I create buildings I am keeping the "gamers" perspective in mind (i.e., plenty of cover and sniping positions). This is great because I am still learning as well....so while I learn others can benefit from it. I'm thinking of doing a nice Combat Knife as well w/ skin.

@Vlad- Yes, the trigger guard was something that is WAY too thick and needs to be fixed; I was having a problem with a modeler operation....I think I'm just going to have to use the boolean subtraction more. Thanks for the critique though, it helps. Also the rear (I chose to make this model without a hammer on purpose) of the reciever will be getting some tweaks as well. I lined the green dots up on purpose in case anyone wanted to be able to aim quickly (see the second picture).

I won't have too much time in the next week or so to get some stuff done as both my kids are sick (something called Croupe), and the semester is coming to an end soon (4 papers, 1 presentation, and a few tests); I'll be graduating this Spring though, so much more time.

These models will be hosted on our site when it is up, but if I finish any working models first I can e-mail them to people, or just use that new site maybe.

I could do a few spears and swords, etc. in an afternoon...so maybe one of these weekends I'll just get it done.

I still have to learn how to get models into FPSC (but I see there are plenty of posts showing that), and the Torque Game Engine (I'll use the Showtool for that though).

Anyways, I hope to be of use here. Talk to you all later.

-Keith
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 21:26
What about 'beauty renders' for a weapon menu selection system? By that I mean the level of detail of the model is much higher(more polys). This level of detail is not for actual gameplay though.

-Keith
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 01:28
wait, so its like when you open up the entity part the picture of it looks really good, but when you play the game its not as good because it would have too much polys, right?

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 02:59
Pretty much, Pure Evil. The high poly model would be for the weapons selection menu (before you actually start playing the game); or it could be on display while a little paragraph describes the weapons specifications, etc. The low poly version would be for actual gameplay only.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 04:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 04:23:11