Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / FPSC engine problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if these problems just are for de DEMO version, but I realized some things bad:

1) I made a building about ten layers high, and when I jumped off, the player would fall all the way down at the same, constant speed. I found this weird, and I tried to find a way to edit the code used for that. But I didn't find it! Is there a solution to this?

2) I realized that the more far of an entity you are, the more slowly its script will work. I found that while I was using moveup to make some entity travel up in space. When I ran the game, the entity would move up each 3 seconds, from a distance of three squared floors. Then I when real close to it, and it smootly went up. Why is this doing this? :-| (Hope I'm being clear) ?
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 00:20
1) No, lee probally didn't get the physics engine attached properly...
2) This is good, but don't try controling far away entitys. What happens is that if you run all the scripts at once, your computer will crash. This prevents that.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
mikahell
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I know that it's good that the game doesn't crash, but I think that starttimer now wouldn't work very good, because of that.
By the way, is this the reason why enemies don't come to you when they first see you, when they can't follow plrtrail (or so?). I think that they, having to face toward us and use moveforward, makes them move by bits too, depending on distance?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 20:12:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 20:12:56